Video Quality Issues

MilwaukeeRoxioUser

Question

I am now experiencing video quality issues when burning to DVD. I am a pretty experienced user of Roxio 10. The video captured from my Sony MiniDV camcorder looks great in windows media player. However, when put into videowave and edited, put into MyDVD and burned to DVD, the video quality looks terrible. This is a new problem for me. I wonder why this is now just occuring? Any ideas? Should I remove Roxio and reinstall? It is only a video issue as the still pictures in my DVD look just fine.

Please help.

7 answers to this question

Guest RCD74
The model of the Sony MiniDV Camcorder is DCR-HC32. I am wondering if it has something to do with filming in widescreen vs. 4:3??? I have not filmed that much in widescreen (the video that I am having trouble with was filmed in widescreen).

I have tried everything - I just did a reinstall of Roxio and it still has the same issue.

It is funny that the video file (.avi) looks great when played through Windows Media Player.

Any thoughts?

If it was filmed in widescreen, did you use use that format (16:9) in Videowave?? Also, how did you burn it? You should really burn to an ISO first and then burn to a disc. As mentioned before, you can load that ISO in a virtual drive to preview how it looks.

Rachel

The model of the Sony MiniDV Camcorder is DCR-HC32. I am wondering if it has something to do with filming in widescreen vs. 4:3??? I have not filmed that much in widescreen (the video that I am having trouble with was filmed in widescreen).

I have tried everything - I just did a reinstall of Roxio and it still has the same issue.

It is funny that the video file (.avi) looks great when played through Windows Media Player.

Any thoughts?

In what way does the video look terrible? Colour, fuzzy, out-of-focus, pixellated???

Just curious, what is the model of the Sony miniDV camcorder?

Any thoughts?

I am now experiencing video quality issues when burning to DVD. I am a pretty experienced user of Roxio 10. The video captured from my Sony MiniDV camcorder looks great in windows media player. However, when put into videowave and edited, put into MyDVD and burned to DVD, the video quality looks terrible. This is a new problem for me. I wonder why this is now just occuring? Any ideas? Should I remove Roxio and reinstall? It is only a video issue as the still pictures in my DVD look just fine.

Please help.

You have not given much information to work with other then you find the quality on the DVD poor. What format are your source files? To what quality are you rendering when you create the DVD? Are you selecting HQ quality? How long in time is your video production?

You have not given much information to work with other then you find the quality on the DVD poor. What format are your source files? To what quality are you rendering when you create the DVD? Are you selecting HQ quality? How long in time is your video production?

Thanks for the response. My source files are .avi. I am creating the DVD in the HQ quality. Time of production - less than 7 mins.

I have probably made at least 40 different DVDs - ranging in length from 5 mins to 50 mins. I have never experienced video quality this poor. Very "blocky", a horzontial "flickering" line through some. It is strange.

As mentioned, my video source (camcorder) is fine both viewed from the camcorder onto a TV as well as viewing the .avi through windows media.

Thanks for the response. My source files are .avi. I am creating the DVD in the HQ quality. Time of production - less than 7 mins.

I have probably made at least 40 different DVDs - ranging in length from 5 mins to 50 mins. I have never experienced video quality this poor. Very "blocky", a horzontial "flickering" line through some. It is strange.

As mentioned, my video source (camcorder) is fine both viewed from the camcorder onto a TV as well as viewing the .avi through windows media.

You appear to be doing everything correctly so the problem is a real puzzle. Does it occur with all source files?

You could try switching the rendering from software to hardware (or vice versa). Try burning to an iso (image) file and then loading that into the Disc Image Loader and play it there.

Another possibility is a Repair install

Archived