• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 16 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Drives Missing

The Grizz

Question

Of course the only PC I have left with D2D doesn't have a Burner…

But what options show up in this window on yours?

General Info: D2D can only be set to use one drive at any given time.

If you use Windows Explorer, you can select Copy for your files and hten select any drive as destination and Paste. If it is a Burner it will burn to that drive regardless of what drive D2D was set to use.

Otherwise I think the proceedure Brendon has outlined is the real key to fixing this!

post-39730-1206877289.jpg

I also have the same problem with EMC9. Roxio said to delete the drives in device manager under CD/DVD roms which I have. also to install px engine patch which I have, I have also uninstalled and reinstalled EMC9 twice, have also upgraded direct x9, and still says no recorder,and I am unable to change or insert a drive, I also have no option to do so. When I click on enable drag to disc it says recorder busy? Roxio has not replied back after 2 days. any Info

11 answers to this question

Follow the corrected link. It will have you delete them as well as the burner from the device manager.

The drive will be detected on reboot and the filters installed.

This has been a problem with MS since XP was introduced. However, you must only delete the filter within the correct key or you may end up wrecking your OS! Follow the procedure and don't get frisky when you are in the Registry.

After rebooting run Classic and choose Tool, Disc and Device Utility. It should correctly report the burners.

Let us know.

Your problem has nothing to do with the thread you posted in…

Follow these steps: Here

Let me get this right, because your link did not come through. You are suggesting I delete the upper and lower filter registry entries? I only ask this because I do not have any of the listed symptoms. My drives do work fine now except through Roxio? I do apologize if I posted in the wrong thread I thought it pertained to me I know I clicked on the wrong quote., and I thank you for your quick response. I went to the registry quickly to check, without doing anything and did not see any upper filters anywhere only lower filters.

Let me get this right, because your link did not come through. You are suggesting I delete the upper and lower filter registry entries? I only ask this because I do not have any of the listed symptoms. My drives do work fine now except through Roxio? I do apologize if I posted in the wrong thread I thought it pertained to me I know I clicked on the wrong quote., and I thank you for your quick response. I went to the registry quickly to check, without doing anything and did not see any upper filters anywhere only lower filters.

Try Creator Classic, and see if that works for you.

Try Creator Classic, and see if that works for you.

Why would I want to do that if I already have this program? This is of no help! So If my brakes go out on my car I just buy a new car? This program has worked fine in the past. Just like my car! :blink:

Why would I want to do that if I already have this program? This is of no help! So If my brakes go out on my car I just buy a new car? This program has worked fine in the past. Just like my car! :blink:

I guess you don't know your software very well, or you would know that Creator Classic is part of the EMC 9 suite. No additional purchase required, and no formatting of the disc required. ;)

You'll eventually learn why most folks don't use packet writing software (Drag to Disc).

I was suggesting Creator Classic so you could check to see if the burner would work with it. But, if you just want to rant, and not take advice, that's enough for me to say, "Have a good day." I'm outta here.

Follow the corrected link. It will have you delete them as well as the burner from the device manager.

The drive will be detected on reboot and the filters installed.

This has been a problem with MS since XP was introduced. However, you must only delete the filter within the correct key or you may end up wrecking your OS! Follow the procedure and don't get frisky when you are in the Registry.

After rebooting run Classic and choose Tool, Disc and Device Utility. It should correctly report the burners.

Let us know.

I followed your instructions, checked in classic after reboot under device utility and it was blank. I did notice when I ran the windows installer cleanup utility, prior to a clean install it had asked me to remove roxio and sonic entries, which I did. Also DirectX service install. DirectX Service Install was not located. Could this possibly be the problem? again my drives work fine except in Roxio Thanks

I guess you don't know your software very well, or you would know that Creator Classic is part of the EMC 9 suite. No additional purchase required, and no formatting of the disc required. ;)

You'll eventually learn why most folks don't use packet writing software (Drag to Disc).

I was suggesting Creator Classic so you could check to see if the burner would work with it. But, if you just want to rant, and not take advice, that's enough for me to say, "Have a good day." I'm outta here.

I would first like to apologize to you both. I did not understand, I probably tried to over compensate for my lack of knowledge in this area. I am a little naive when it comes to software. I am also frustrated with the program and the Roxio support (lack of ) received. Again I apologize. Hopefully you will continue your support. I am unable to use the drives with any Roxio program within ECM9 only outside the program. Also as mentioned I do not find the upper filters listed in the registry, could they be missing, or should they me missing? :rolleyes:

Archived