Xingtone "invalid Installation

grumpy as all get out

Question

I have tried over and over and over again for about 6-7 times to install and re-install EMC9 just to get the Xingtone Ringmaker to work. I have done every step suggested to "fix" the problem and still have the problem of "invalid installation, please reinstall or purchase a license" message coming up when I use it. I am totally pissed off right now because of the time lost and the time spent with this issue. I have gone above and beyond what was suggested to make this problem go away and still have the same issue. Does anyone have a true fix for this and not the same BS Roxio keeps giving me.

Right now I could never recommend Roxio to even people I hate. This application sucks. I finally emailed Xingtone to see if they had a fix for this. I am waiting to hear. Spending what has now amounted to days working on this is not my idea of fun. I have officially pissed off my wife with the amount of time spent.

3 answers to this question

I have tried over and over and over again for about 6-7 times to install and re-install EMC9 just to get the Xingtone Ringmaker to work. I have done every step suggested to "fix" the problem and still have the problem of "invalid installation, please reinstall or purchase a license" message coming up when I use it. I am totally pissed off right now because of the time lost and the time spent with this issue. I have gone above and beyond what was suggested to make this problem go away and still have the same issue. Does anyone have a true fix for this and not the same BS Roxio keeps giving me.

Right now I could never recommend Roxio to even people I hate. This application sucks. I finally emailed Xingtone to see if they had a fix for this. I am waiting to hear. Spending what has now amounted to days working on this is not my idea of fun. I have officially pissed off my wife with the amount of time spent.

The program, within Roxio, is a Xingtone program. I doubt seriously that Xingtone will be of any help, though.

If you have EMC 9 and you can connect your phone to the computer using a USB cable., just use Music Disc Creator to send a section of a music piece to the correct folder on your phone. Connect the phone to your computer using the phone information. You'll probably get a warning not to disconnect the phone until you close the software.

post-58-1207228443.jpg

Use Sound Editor to select the "passage" and to save it to the format. You will have to determine what format - most newer phones use wav or mp3; some older phones use "other" formats.

What phone(s) do you have?

BTW, I learned this the hard way after buying Magix Ringtone Maker 2 ( ca $15 rather than buying the Roxio Suite for up to $100). That was an excellent program but in the small print, it said to transfer the ringtone to the phone via a phone message, via a blue tooth connection or via a USB connection. The light bulb went off.

Archived