Removing 8 After Upgrading To 9

rogo

Question

6 answers to this question

Toast 8 should be in a different folder and it should have Motion Pictures included with it. Toast 9 is in a folder that has Streamer included. The other way to tell is to select Toast and choose Get Info from the File menu to see the version number.

Now that you have Toast 9 just trash Toast 8 (or you might want to burn it to a disc if you think you might want it again).

I just added Toast 9 and notice Motion Picture HD is not in the folder. Has this program been eliminated? Does that mean I have to keep both 8 and 9 on my HD in order to continue making movies with Motion Picture HD?

Pat

I just added Toast 9 and notice Motion Picture HD is not in the folder. Has this program been eliminated? Does that mean I have to keep both 8 and 9 on my HD in order to continue making movies with Motion Picture HD?

Pat

You are correct that Motion Pictures is not part of the Toast 9 bundle. I just did a test in Motion Pictures to export a project along with original images to Toast and Toast 9 automatically launched and put the files in the correct places. So you don't need the Toast 8 application to use Motion Pictures (although it would need to be present the very first time Motion Pictures is launched).

Okay, now that I've read your other post I wonder if Toast 8 needs to be there at any time Motion Pictures is launched. As for the issue where you are told Toast 8 is needed to launch Motion Pictures, just launch Toast 8 again and then launch Motion Pictures. Afterwards you (or at least I) don't need to bother with Toast 8 to use MP.

Toast 8 should be in a different folder and it should have Motion Pictures included with it. Toast 9 is in a folder that has Streamer included. The other way to tell is to select Toast and choose Get Info from the File menu to see the version number.

Now that you have Toast 9 just trash Toast 8 (or you might want to burn it to a disc if you think you might want it again).

Here is KB Article 000014T to which I was referred. There are a great deal more things spread around than you would think. It says to remove them all to completely uninstall Toast. You probably need to uninstall all versions of toast and do a clean installation.

There is also an Article on preferences to trash if Toast fails to launch or crashes. It has not helped with the crashes and other malfunctions I have experienced, but there are two preference files rather than the usual one.

I upgraded to toast 9, I can't keep both on my notebook. so how do I remove toast 8 and still run toast 9 since it had to have 8 to be installed?

I tried removing 8 but couldn't tell if it was 8 or 9.

You can tell by going to the title bar and clicking "Toast Titanium". The dropdown menu will tell you if it is 8 or 9.

I removed Toast 7 and 8 first and then installed 9 and then the HD plug-in. I don't like upgrade versions and prefer the full versions of products. Since I write off my software on my taxes I don't care to throw extra money especially if it will save me time. I'm amazed at what people will do to try to save a few bucks. Isn't their time worth more than that?

Freecam

Archived