• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 20 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Image Brought Into Lightscribe Disc

Syrallas

Question

Hi all.

I read the post on creating Lightscribe disc images, http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?showtopic=28783, which is invaluable.

The question I pose is this:

I imported an image, and the image itself was only part of the top half of the disc (I saved the bottom half for text). The problem I got was that the "edges" of that picture were also burned onto the disc. For example, I brought in a 4x6 photo, shrunk the image down to fit the part of the disc I wanted it on, and the finished product was that the edges of the photo itself -- the 4" x 6 " lines -- were burned on the disc along with the image in the photo.

Do I have to stretch the photo so that the lines are not visible on the lightscribe disc template? If I did that w/ my photo, the image I wanted on the disc would have been distorted.

I was wondering if there was a way to airbrush or otherwise wipe out the lines of the photo w/o having the picture stretched to cover all of the disc shown in the template...

Any way around this or am I just doing something wrong?

6 answers to this question

If you click into the inserted picture, some icons appear directly above the horizontal ruler. Click into the right square with some horizontal lines in it and a drop down window opens, where you can choose between different line thickness and 'no line'.

Have a look on the other icons and values, which allow you to manipulate your image.

These icon row will change, if you click on other smart objekts.

if you want a smooth transition, you have to prework the photo within 'Photo Suite'.

I've tried the suggestion but it just seems to eliminate lines that would not be burned anyway -- the lines above the disc template, but not that surround the image that are on the disc itself. Am I missing something?

Label Creator only can add, change or remove again borders, set to a clean (borderfree) image.

If your image has already a border and you don't want it, you've to cut this border off in 'Photo Suite' or any other Photo software before inserting in Label Creator.

Well in using Photosuite the program, it automatically brings the image in w/ a "border." Perhaps I am not being precise w/ my words -- by border I mean the exterior box that outline any image you add into the Photosuite program. Nothing I created, and if I try and crop out that border, the new image is re-sized in -- a new border. :blink: (If you have a minute it, try it w/ any image, you'll see the border I'm talking about) Its those lines that are being burned onto the disc. Again, if you can stretch the image so that the border is outside the disc template, you're fine. But stretching was distorting the image I wanted to use. But heh, thanks for trying. I'll just have to think of another workaround.

I tried it and it simply does not happen…

Label Creator does not arbitrarily put a border on. There is a distinct black line around the picture that defines the edge of the picture, but after saving and loading it into another photo editor I have, No Border!

Load that picture into Label Creator and again, No Border!

If you could take a screen cap and post a link to that pic, it would help us 'see' what you are talking about.

I've tried the suggestion but it just seems to eliminate lines that would not be burned anyway -- the lines above the disc template, but not that surround the image that are on the disc itself. Am I missing something?

Label Creator only can add, change or remove again borders, set to a clean (borderfree) image.

If your image has already a border and you don't want it, you've to cut this border off in 'Photo Suite' or any other Photo software before inserting in Label Creator.

Hi all.

I read the post on creating Lightscribe disc images, http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?showtopic=28783, which is invaluable.

The question I pose is this:

I imported an image, and the image itself was only part of the top half of the disc (I saved the bottom half for text). The problem I got was that the "edges" of that picture were also burned onto the disc. For example, I brought in a 4x6 photo, shrunk the image down to fit the part of the disc I wanted it on, and the finished product was that the edges of the photo itself -- the 4" x 6 " lines -- were burned on the disc along with the image in the photo.

Do I have to stretch the photo so that the lines are not visible on the lightscribe disc template? If I did that w/ my photo, the image I wanted on the disc would have been distorted.

I was wondering if there was a way to airbrush or otherwise wipe out the lines of the photo w/o having the picture stretched to cover all of the disc shown in the template...

Any way around this or am I just doing something wrong?

If you click into the inserted picture, some icons appear directly above the horizontal ruler. Click into the right square with some horizontal lines in it and a drop down window opens, where you can choose between different line thickness and 'no line'.

Have a look on the other icons and values, which allow you to manipulate your image.

These icon row will change, if you click on other smart objekts.

if you want a smooth transition, you have to prework the photo within 'Photo Suite'.

Archived