• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 26 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Sign in to follow this  
Ludlow

Roxio Tech Unsupport

Question

An old episode of Fawlty Towers comes to mind as I write this -- the one where one guest says to another guest, in sarcastic praise of the hotel, "I recommend the self-service". My Crunch problem was that I downloaded the program but was not able to install and open it. When I tried to run the program, WinZip Self-Extractor unzipped the program files, then a Norton AntiVirus 2005 Download Manager popped up and asked me if I want to start downloading. Huh? Clicking on "Start" started downloading out-of-date 2005 Norton AntiVirus files. Crunch did not open at any time. Tech support’s response? That I should check to see whether I purchased the Mac version of Crunch by mistake! (Roxio must have Mac on the brain, since they only have this discussion board for Mac users of Crunch!) Talk about the irrelevant boilerplate response of the new year! When I reminded tech support (and I use that term very loosely) of the problem I raised, no response. Well, the Roxio site does suggest that a firewall might have to be disabled when downloading software. (It is odd, though, that this has never been an issue for me before.) So, as part of the Roxio self-help process, I did try a re-download with the Norton firewall disabled, but with the same result. As a last-ditch effort, I disabled the entire Norton internet security system and re-downloaded Crunch. Success! (Whether Crunch itself works as advertised – and as touted by PC World -- remains to be seen of course.) My point? Apart from trying to help others having similar Norton issues –- obviously Roxio is incapable or unwilling to do so – I think it is important to note that when someone like me is a better computer geek than a software company and its tech support, something's wrong. By the way, when I purchased another product from Slysoft, their tech support responded timely and accurately to address a glitch I was experiencing with their product. Kudos to Slysoft!!!!!!!

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet