YZEPT

Incorrect Size Reported For Iso Images - Audio Folder Still Ignored

Question

A consistent problem which has not been resolved in 9.02, I have an ISO image of a DVD I have used regularly with Toast 8. When I try and burn it with Toast 9 it reports only the size of the VIDEO_TS folder as the total size required but leaves out the AUDIO_TS folder requirement. This ISO has Dolby, DTS and MLP Audio Tracks and the Audio folder is 1.58 GB while the Video TS folder is 1.85 GB. Toast 8 reports the space required as 3.43 GB while Toast 9 shows the requirement as 1.85 GB. Toast 9 does however burn the image correctly as a 3.43 GB disk.

Is anyone else seeing incorrect size requirements?

3 answers to this question

Have you tried choose DVD-Rom as the format in the Data window, adding your content there from the DVD and burning a new disc?

Have you tried choose DVD-Rom as the format in the Data window, adding your content there from the DVD and burning a new disc?

I have tried this and the correct size is reported. This 3.6 GB project also burns correctly in toast 9.02 as does the ISO I started with. If however I make an image file of the DVD ROM instead of burning a disc Toast 9.02 still reports the incorrect size when I use this new image file with the disc copy function. I reported this issue originally because it is a serious bug in Toast 9, others may have problems with the burn process failing at 99% because the required size was underestimated. The size is estimated correctly in Toast 8.

Edited by YZEPT

Has this issue been addressed? It is hit and miss for me. It is difficult to decide how to encode video or that I can get a certain amount of time on the disc. It takes 4 - 6hours to encode to MPeg4 of the length of an hour. Will the next service fix resolve this. Toast is great when it works. Unfortunately that is a minority of the time and I don't know until it has taken hours to encode video.