• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 11 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Data Fork, -39 ?

MacElroy

Question

I've been attempting to burn a Blu Ray ever since I downloaded Toast 9

It gets about 40% complete when OSX gives me an error message

"The file 00001.m2ts could not be accessed (Data fork, -39)"

I click ok, then

"Couldn't complete the last command because of a Mac OS Error. Result Code = -39"

Anyone have a fix?

Im using an LG GGW-H20L running toast on a MAC Pro (desktop) with leopard

8 answers to this question

I have the exact same problem on the lacie burner with a macbook.

I had the same problem. It seems like the clip I was using was the issue. The same thing happened making a disk image. I did some burning on a G5 without problems. The only other possibility is an issue with the MacBook Pro and the intel processor.

Dear Roxio Tech-Team,

I think I may have some clues if you're working on this, although the situation is very confusing.

Clue: I'm pretty sure that this bug was already in Toast 8.

I was using Toast 7 (till today) to burn lots of MPEG-1 files on a DVD without re-encoding. YES, I am aware that this is probably non-standart, but:

1) Toast 7 always did it

2) All of my consumer DVD Players happily play it

3) It is fast and disk/space saving

However, Toast 8 started to show weird problems. Up until 8.0.3 Toast 8 frequently started to freeze during the "burn" or "save to disk" phase. Multiplexing did work (and finish), but burn/save went to some percentage and then it stuck. Sometimes I could stop it with the button, sometimes I needed to force-quit.

Then 8.0.4 came out, and suddenly - instead of the freeze - I got this "Error -39" that now seems to show under Toast 9. That was *before* I got Toast 9.

Now I have Toast 9, and it is different again: Toast 9 multiplexes up to some point, then suddenly progress snaps back to 0%, it multiplexes *again* and then starts to re-encode some file(s).

And now the very odd thing: If I try Toast 8 *now*, it does the same - instead of "Error -39" the multiplexing snaps back to 0%, re-starts, and then some file(s) get re-encoded. So I guess that the Toast 9 install (i.e. the first lanch) installed some system stuff that is used by Toast 8 as well - hence the change of symptoms.

HOWEVER: Toast 7 still works fine - no freeze, no error, no re-encoding, no playback problems on any device.

So - dear Roxio - if this is (obviously) perfectly possible, *please* try to just bring it back. Can't you just dig out the old Toast 7 code and add it to Toast 9 as an option? If it is non-standart, then place a warning box for the user and then just-go-ahead !!!

We are starting to notice that error cropping up when working with some files from EyeTV. We are aware of what the issues are and we are working on a solution.

Good to know you are working on it. I have done two files. The one that worked was a high def eye TV file that was about 28 minutes long. The one that gives me the error is an export from iMovie of a file that was originally imported from a Sony HG10 high definition camcorder. The coding seems to work fine. I get the error when Toast is trying to burn the disk. I actually end up with a DVD mounted on my desktop but incomplete.

Archived