• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 14 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Hp C5280 And Printing To Cd/dvd Labels

wilfred

Question

Hello,

I own an HP Photosmart C5280 and it has a CD/DVD section that should allow me to printing Lightscribe discs but when I use the Roxio Label Creator nothing appears to happen apart from the printer stating I have the CD/DVD drawer open and to close it. The label then prints on the paper inside the printer. Followed all the settings supplied by HP but no joy. Has anybody managed to successfully print , from Label Creator direct to CD/DVD.

Wilfred

3 answers to this question

LightScribe discs are "printed" by LightScribe burners!

Your printer is capable of printing only to Printable Media.

But in the link that Steve provided you will find that HP has not made a successful driver for that printer at this time… There are some alternative software suggested in there.

LightScribe discs are "printed" by LightScribe burners!

Your printer is capable of printing only to Printable Media.

But in the link that Steve provided you will find that HP has not made a successful driver for that printer at this time… There are some alternative software suggested in there.

Yes, sorry :( I missed that little detail. The labels that can be printed are those with a white surface.

The alternate software would be the best option. I often find that the software for my Epson (where drives are available in Roxio) is the better alternative.

Hello,

I own an HP Photosmart C5280 and it has a CD/DVD section that should allow me to printing Lightscribe discs but when I use the Roxio Label Creator nothing appears to happen apart from the printer stating I have the CD/DVD drawer open and to close it. The label then prints on the paper inside the printer. Followed all the settings supplied by HP but no joy. Has anybody managed to successfully print , from Label Creator direct to CD/DVD.

Wilfred

I don't think so. Search the site and you'll find some long discussions. You might want to try some of the techniques in this post (link)

Archived