Cannot Use Emc Suite 10 Many Clean Installs

JenK

Question

I have a Toshiba Laptop P105-S6217 core 2duo T5500 processor, 200gig drive, 2gig SDRAM ... factory install Vista OS

I cannot get Roxio 10 to start, it stops at a registration page white page with 3 text input boxes...

I have done several clean installs as per the web page.... removed all roxio info using regedit.... the whole suggested procedure...

I cannot get it to run... can anyone help me? Please.

Jen

6 answers to this question

I followed your instructions exactly.... now I am getting a message that the Roxio Easy Creator Wizzard was interrupted and the installation ends... I am so fustrated with this product. I have been using since version 4 and never have had this much problem... anybody that asks is getting a big thumbs down from me...

and what is wrong with Roxio????... they should come out with a tool to fix all this registry stuff without us having to do 3 hrs of operations just to try and get it installed.

Hi Jen,

I've had similar problems and have just made a posting about the proper way to remove it all and reinstall it cleanly under "Solves A Lot Of Problems - How To Do A Clean Install Or Reinstall Properly . Hopefully this will help you as well as it did me?

I followed your instructions exactly.... now I am getting a message that the Roxio Easy Creator Wizzard was interrupted and the installation ends... I am so fustrated with this product. I have been using since version 4 and never have had this much problem... anybody that asks is getting a big thumbs down from me...

and what is wrong with Roxio????... they should come out with a tool to fix all this registry stuff without us having to do 3 hrs of operations just to try and get it installed.

there was , (EMC9 & EMC10 Removal tool) i made it and posted it and they had it removed as they didnt want it or any like it on there site or refured to... sorry all you can do is the clean uninstall off there site now

Thank you for the suggestion, I have received more help here than anywhere else.... your suggestion did not work in my case.

It seemed to install EMC10 Suite, then started to install Update Manager.... Then get the following message;

Roxio Easy Media Creator Wizard was Interrupted.

Roxio Easy Media Creator setup was interrupted. Your system has not been modified. To install this program at a later time, Please run the installation again. Click finish button to exit the wizard.

I created a second User Account in Vista and gave it all Administration rights.

I installed the program on that user account and all those error messages went away and the program installed on both accounts.

Of course, that might not work for you, but it's worth a try while you're waiting for help from Roxio Tech Support.

Thank you for the suggestion, I have received more help here than anywhere else.... your suggestion did not work in my case.

It seemed to install EMC10 Suite, then started to install Update Manager.... Then get the following message;

Roxio Easy Media Creator Wizard was Interrupted.

Roxio Easy Media Creator setup was interrupted. Your system has not been modified. To install this program at a later time, Please run the installation again. Click finish button to exit the wizard.

Have you shut down the virus-checker while doing the install? You may be doing that already but I did not re-read all the posts in this thread.

Hi Jen,

I've had similar problems and have just made a posting about the proper way to remove it all and reinstall it cleanly under "Solves A Lot Of Problems - How To Do A Clean Install Or Reinstall Properly . Hopefully this will help you as well as it did me?

...now I am getting a message that the Roxio Easy Creator Wizzard was interrupted and the installation ends... I am so fustrated with this product.

I created a second User Account in Vista and gave it all Administration rights.

I installed the program on that user account and all those error messages went away and the program installed on both accounts.

Of course, that might not work for you, but it's worth a try while you're waiting for help from Roxio Tech Support.

Archived