Tivo Transfer - Export To Ipod?

jshore23

Question

So in Toast 8, whenever i had transferred a tivo show to my Tivo Transfer window, i'd simply click "Toast it!" and then once Toast opened, there would be an "export" option with choices of iphone/ipod/etc.

Where did the export button go? Do i now have to drag the file from the Tivo Transfer window over to the "Convert" area of Toast?

Also, on Toast 8, there used to be a way around Tivo's maximum file size (480x360 or whatever it is). Just curious if such a "fix" exists or is on the way for Toast 9.

Thanks!

2 answers to this question

So in Toast 8, whenever i had transferred a tivo show to my Tivo Transfer window, i'd simply click "Toast it!" and then once Toast opened, there would be an "export" option with choices of iphone/ipod/etc.

Where did the export button go? Do i now have to drag the file from the Tivo Transfer window over to the "Convert" area of Toast?

Yes, you have to get things into the Convert area and then drag it in or hit the "Add" button and go find it. At the very bottom is the Options button where you can select the encoding/device to use and where to save it, and you can choose to Save it to iTunes directly. It's not as convenient as the Export and took me quite a while to figure that out. What was really annoying was that I had first brought the files into the normal area, edited them to remove the various segments I didn't want, and then when I went to "Convert" things didn't come over and I had to do it all over again.

I hope this helps.

Archived