Labels

SirRoy

Question

13 answers to this question

Lightscribe is a printer emulator and therefore 'shows up' in the printer list. If you only have one printer, you should then have your printer and your lightscribe drive in that list.

There are many printer emulators like Microsoft's Office Document Writer, MS XPS Document writer and Adobe's Acrobat. These aren't physical printers, but work with any application that accesses the Window's print dialog box.

When using label creator the programs keeps going to Light scribe when all I want is an ordinary label. Am I omitting something?

Can someone please help?

Once you use Light scribe, that seems to become the default. Just wait until the preview is finished then switch to normal labels. It hasn't bothered me enough to try to hunt down a "Fix". I've not used a Lightscribe disc in quite awhile (use direct to disc labeling) but Lightscribe still shows up as default.

Do a page set up and select what you want as the default printer. It may stick once you have printed one.

Once you use Light scribe, that seems to become the default. Just wait until the preview is finished then switch to normal labels. It hasn't bothered me enough to try to hunt down a "Fix". I've not used a Lightscribe disc in quite awhile (use direct to disc labeling) but Lightscribe still shows up as default.

Do a page set up and select what you want as the default printer. It may stick once you have printed one.

Thank you. I'll give it a try.

Lightscribe is a printer emulator and therefore 'shows up' in the printer list. If you only have one printer, you should then have your printer and your lightscribe drive in that list.

There are many printer emulators like Microsoft's Office Document Writer, MS XPS Document writer and Adobe's Acrobat. These aren't physical printers, but work with any application that accesses the Window's print dialog box.

Thank you, I'll check your suggestions out.

Thanks again for replying.

As Steve first pointed out, it is as simple as changing the printer in the print dialog box. You will have to wait for the Ligthscribe to generate the preview. Then pull down the Printer list and select your other printer. The preview will redraw in color. Select the proper media and type. Click OK.

Thank you. I only have one printer.

Hope this info helps:

Windows XP Pro

EMC 10

HP L7680 All in One

Light scribe came with EMC 10

Did this Roxio EMC 10 come pre-installed on your PC? Or did you buy a Retail version?

"EMC 10" is not the "Label Creator version" Open label creator and click help, about label creator.

"Light scribe came with EMC 10" It didn't with my Retail version, you need LightScribe system software downloaded and installed on your pc.

> LIGHTSCRIBE SYSTEM SOFTWARE (LSS)

Required to enable LightScribe functionality.

http://www.lightscribe.com/DownloadSection...dows/index.aspx

cd

Did this Roxio EMC 10 come pre-installed on your PC? Or did you buy a Retail version?

"EMC 10" is not the "Label Creator version" Open label creator and click help, about label creator.

"Light scribe came with EMC 10" It didn't with my Retail version, you need LightScribe system software downloaded and installed on your pc.

> LIGHTSCRIBE SYSTEM SOFTWARE (LSS)

Required to enable LightScribe functionality.

http://www.lightscribe.com/DownloadSection...dows/index.aspx

cd

As the OP stated in the first post, he does NOT want to use Lightscribe!

As the OP stated in the first post, he does NOT want to use Lightscribe!

Yes Walt, I can read. I was trying to clear up the fact that LightScribe software did not come with my EMC 10! Did it come with your EMC 10 version like the OP's?

cd

When using label creator the programs keeps going to Light scribe when all I want is an ordinary label. Am I omitting something?

Can someone please help?

As Steve first pointed out, it is as simple as changing the printer in the print dialog box. You will have to wait for the Ligthscribe to generate the preview. Then pull down the Printer list and select your other printer. The preview will redraw in color. Select the proper media and type. Click OK.

post-49-1207256193.jpg

Archived