Rebooting Problem Adding More Than 3 Videos To Project

sportmomk

Question

Like patatrox, my computer reboots when I attempt to add a 3rd video to a DVD project in MyDVD 8. I followed the instructions given to patatrox. I have the ATI 256 MB ATI Hypermemory PCI-Express Radeon x600 SE video card. I went to AVI's site, but saw no specific new drivers for it. So then I went as instructed and downloaded "The latest Direct X" program. I thought the problem was solved. Yesterday I created a DVD with 6 videos on the main menu page and many submenus with no problem. Today however in starting a new project, it now reboots when I try to add the 3rd video making it impossible to create the DVD. Very frustrating! I really like the simplicity of this program. Are there any other fixes? Or am I doomed to buy a different DVD creating software product?

3 answers to this question

Like patatrox, my computer reboots when I attempt to add a 3rd video to a DVD project in MyDVD 8. I followed the instructions given to patatrox. I have the ATI 256 MB ATI Hypermemory PCI-Express Radeon x600 SE video card. I went to AVI's site, but saw no specific new drivers for it. So then I went as instructed and downloaded "The latest Direct X" program. I thought the problem was solved. Yesterday I created a DVD with 6 videos on the main menu page and many submenus with no problem. Today however in starting a new project, it now reboots when I try to add the 3rd video making it impossible to create the DVD. Very frustrating! I really like the simplicity of this program. Are there any other fixes? Or am I doomed to buy a different DVD creating software product?

At the moment the only solution is to change your settings from hardware render to software render.

I'm not super computer literate - what does that mean to change from hardware to software render and how do I do it?

Thanks for your help.

Tools/Options is where you'll find the render settings. I can't promise this will fix your problem. :)

Archived