Help Please - Emc9 Kills Internet Connection

double one

Question

I use a Belkin wireless router and 802.11G card, with Windows XP Home. Just installed new copy of EMC9 and it disabled my internet connection. My ssid just disappeared. I uninstalled EMC9 and my wireless connection came back. Obviously a lack of compatability there somewhere - but where? Looking at some of the postings on this forum, many of you seem to be very, if not ultra, IT literate. I'm not but I can find my way around, if someone explains in simple terms. Can anyone help me please? :mellow:

1 answer to this question

I use a Belkin wireless router and 802.11G card, with Windows XP Home. Just installed new copy of EMC9 and it disabled my internet connection. My ssid just disappeared. I uninstalled EMC9 and my wireless connection came back. Obviously a lack of compatability there somewhere - but where? Looking at some of the postings on this forum, many of you seem to be very, if not ultra, IT literate. I'm not but I can find my way around, if someone explains in simple terms. Can anyone help me please? :mellow:

Don't think I ever recall this happening before. I've got 2 systems on 2 different Linksys routers (both G) with no problems. I'm not sure what to suggest except to ask if you have any internet security software installed such as Norton or Macafee or the like?

Archived