Cdsd Capturing Streaming Audio

JWAC

Question

I purchased Toast 9 to use the facility in CD SD to capture and record streaming audio, but to no avail.

The publicity in email newsletters, and promotional material on Roxio web sites refers to this new feature.

http://www.roxio.com.au/ena/products/toast...m/overview.html

I submitted a ticket to Roxio Support, and despite a further four updates, still no answer to the problem.

The supposed steps to access Streaming Audio Capture:

Launch CDSD>New Recording>Continue>Welcome to CD Spin Doctor Recording Assistant>Continue>Connect an Audio Source to Your Mac (no problem recording from Internal Mic, Line-in, and connected USB Devices)>Continue>Select an Audio Input Device.

The list of devices for recording input does not include 'CD Spin Doctor Capture Support' as displayed in the article at web site:

http://mymoments.roxio.com/enu/articles/ma...hn_rid=86002787

Mac OS 10.4.11

1.8GHz PowerPC G5

1 GB DDR SDRAM

Toast 9.0.2

4 answers to this question

While running Spin Doctor, go to the Spin Doctor menu and there is an option to seletec "Install CD Spin Doctor Capture Support"

Thanks for your reply John, but there is no option to install CD Spin Doctor Capture Support after opening the CD Spin Doctor Menu. The only install option is for the Dashboard Widget.

John

Thanks for your reply John, but there is no option to install CD Spin Doctor Capture Support after opening the CD Spin Doctor Menu. The only install option is for the Dashboard Widget.

John

post-120-1207270668.png

That's what shows in mine. Are you sure you launched Spin Doctor 5 and not a version that was bundled with an earlier version of Toast?

post-120-1207270668.png

That's what shows in mine. Are you sure you launched Spin Doctor 5 and not a version that was bundled with an earlier version of Toast?

Thanks for the clue. Toast 9 was opening CDSD 4, not version 5. I Trashed Toast 8, opened Spin Doctor 5 and was able to install the CD Spin Doctor Capture Support.

I am now able to capture streaming audio.

Archived