Poor Video Quality

pmiami

Question

Just like you I have burned multiple DVD's using EMC10 and also previous versions with no problem. But now I also have similar video quality issues. I am using a new computer with Vista. Could that be the problem ? Is EMC10 fully compatable with Vista ?

5 answers to this question

I am running VISTA with EMC10 and I just tried to recreate what you have done. I took an avi video that was captured from my Sony minidv handycam using Media Import, brought it into Videowave, edited, saved, put that into MYDVD, created an ISO file, then burned to a disc. Now, the preview in Videowave was very blocky, but that is to be expected. It was also blocky when previewed in MyDVD, however, when I loaded the ISO into a virtual drive, it looked fine and when I burned it to a disc and played it on my tv, it also looked fine. It might not be AS crystal clear as when viewed on the camcorder but considering I have no HD tvs and none newer than 5 years old (I know, I am deprived), I thought it looked great. What exactly are you seeing again??

Rachel

Hello,

I would like to try the iso-file method.

What is the purpose of the iso-file?

How do I load the ISO into a virtual drive?

Thanks

I am now experiencing video quality issues when burning to DVD. I am a pretty experienced user of Roxio 10. The video captured from my Sony MiniDV camcorder looks great in windows media player. However, when put into videowave and edited, put into MyDVD and burned to DVD, the video quality looks terrible. This is a new problem for me. I wonder why this is now just occuring? Any ideas? Should I remove Roxio and reinstall? It is only a video issue as the still pictures in my DVD look just fine.

Please help.

I have exactly the same problem as you when using Roxio 10. The video looks sharp and clear on the video camera and also in window media player but looks ugly and fuzzy on the TV when buring into a DVD disc. I saw the same problem with a previous post on the same issue. I am wondering this is actually an issue with Roxio 10. I am using Vista and a quad processor HP PC. Similar to you, I have experience burning over 70 family DVD in the past using Roxio 7 without the current problem.

calo

Guest RCD74
Hello,

I would like to try the iso-file method.

What is the purpose of the iso-file?

How do I load the ISO into a virtual drive?

Thanks

Someone may be able to explain the purpose better, but from people's experiences (and my own) it seems to be a better course of action then just burning straight to a dvd. There are less errors in the burns and instead of expecting your computer to render and burn to dvd at the same time, you are just doing the rendering which allows for less errors in the entire process.

Once you have created your ISO (and make sure to save it in a location you can easily find it - I have made that mistake in the past), then load it into a virtual drive to check how it came out. To do this (I am not in front of EMC10 right now so bare with me), go to the main screen and under applications find the "disc image loader" under Utilities. Click on it and you will be ask to create a emulated drive. Go ahead and make it a letter that you don't already have assigned to your drives. Once that is created, find your ISO and drag it to the drive you just created. Then open up Windows Media Center and click on DVD and it should recognize the drive and your ISO as a dvd to play. Let us know how it goes and if it helps with quality.

Rachel

Guest RCD74

I am running VISTA with EMC10 and I just tried to recreate what you have done. I took an avi video that was captured from my Sony minidv handycam using Media Import, brought it into Videowave, edited, saved, put that into MYDVD, created an ISO file, then burned to a disc. Now, the preview in Videowave was very blocky, but that is to be expected. It was also blocky when previewed in MyDVD, however, when I loaded the ISO into a virtual drive, it looked fine and when I burned it to a disc and played it on my tv, it also looked fine. It might not be AS crystal clear as when viewed on the camcorder but considering I have no HD tvs and none newer than 5 years old (I know, I am deprived), I thought it looked great. What exactly are you seeing again??

Rachel

Archived