• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 16 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Tag Editor

natedog64

Question

I have spent most of my free time for the past couple weeks ripping my extensive CD collection to FLAC with Roxio Easy Media Creator 10. It has worked quite well except that I cant seem to get the tags to stick to my files. The "tag editor" tool that uses "MusicID" looks like it is working.... It searches the Gracenote database and flashes the correct info for each tracks tags, but when it is done and I search for the tags, they dont show up? I tested with a few MP3 files and it worked.

Does anyone know how to get the tags to stick to FLAC files?

Any and all helpful advice is greatly appreciated!

-N

11 answers to this question

Can someone recomend a way to get answers to the above questions?

There has bee a lot of problems with the Invision server, so not too many folks are even able to get to the forums. I don't have an answer for you, but hopefully someone will be able to get into the forums, see your thread, and give you an answer.

Can someone recomend a way to get answers to the above questions?

You can try Roxio support or be patient here. There are a lot of people who know more about the audio portion than I do. Have you tried opening Audio Tag Editor and seeing if the information is there? If not, add a couple of pieces and do the search. Make sure this check box is checked as well as the one below it. SAince the mp3 files worked and FLAC doesn't when you are using the same procedure, that may be a hint. :unsure:

post-58-1207486894.jpg

I do have the MusicID box checked... And still nothing. When I check FLAC files that I already Tagged, none of the info is there.

I suspect that the tags are ID3 tags not supported bu FLAC... but I am not sure.

Any other ideas?

How about the box below the Music ID box?

The tag editor should work with files that have metadata storage ability. How about the box below the Music ID box?

Google for a FLAC tag editor? :rolleyes:

I haven't seen our resident expert lately. I know he was tied up on some other project; he tends to be the most knowledgeable person regarding audio files. Perhaps he'll be back soon.

Admittefly I edited the tags for some .flac files manually in the EMC 10 tag editor, but they stick for Flac files (i.e. when I open tag editor again subsequently, the info is there; also seen by WMP.

Then tried MusicID: it identified them all correctly, and they are still there subsequently.

post-112-1207519992.png

Archived