• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 26 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Progreston

Windows Recognizes Ext Hard Drive, But Roxio Does Not

Question

I've purchased an HP ext hard drive with Roxio BackUpMyPC included. The computer has no problems recognizing the hard drive in USB port (drive E:). But the Roxio backup software only gives 2 options for the destination ("where to back up"), they are my C: drive or my optical (D:) drive. Any suggestions to help the Roxio find My E: drive??

Thanks

1 answer to this question

I've purchased an HP ext hard drive with Roxio BackUpMyPC included. The computer has no problems recognizing the hard drive in USB port (drive E:). But the Roxio backup software only gives 2 options for the destination ("where to back up"), they are my C: drive or my optical (D:) drive. Any suggestions to help the Roxio find My E: drive??

Thanks

If you are talking about the "automatic data protection" feature as opposed to the standard "backup" job then you are having the same problem that I had. I solved it though! You have to create an automatic backup job by selecting one of the drives it does offer you, and then you can go back into the job and edit it and change the destination by selecting "file" and browsing for your ext. harddrive.

Not very user friendly I grant you.