• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 19 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Toast 9.02 Crashes During Burn

richparsnips

Question

Toast 7, 8, 9 - 9.01 No problems burning a DVD from an EyeTV movie but (maybe coincidence), since 9.02 update, the two burn attempts have both crashed Toast 9 part way through. It's a pain because only a reboot ejects the CD & I don't need coasters.

The multiplexing seems to progress OK at about 1%/sec and was doing nothing else during the burn just in case. Toast crashed at 12% through. The last one crashed a bit further judging from the size of the track. Also using Verbatim DVD-R which have never failed using Toast before (4th pack of 50!).

Have a late 2006 24" iMac with 2GB RAM, OS X 10.5.2 and no other Apps are crashing. Leopard is very stable with everything else no matter what I throw at it.

Anyone any ideas?

3 answers to this question

Toast 7, 8, 9 - 9.01 No problems burning a DVD from an EyeTV movie but (maybe coincidence), since 9.02 update, the two burn attempts have both crashed Toast 9 part way through. It's a pain because only a reboot ejects the CD & I don't need coasters.

The multiplexing seems to progress OK at about 1%/sec and was doing nothing else during the burn just in case. Toast crashed at 12% through. The last one crashed a bit further judging from the size of the track. Also using Verbatim DVD-R which have never failed using Toast before (4th pack of 50!).

Have a late 2006 24" iMac with 2GB RAM, OS X 10.5.2 and no other Apps are crashing. Leopard is very stable with everything else no matter what I throw at it.

Anyone any ideas?

Im still running Tiger (!0.4.11) but have the same problem where 9.02 consistently creates coasters. Reverted back to 9.01 and all is well again.

Just as a follow-up, I exported the movie from EyeTV and tried Burn. It also crashed but during the authoring so no coaster this time.

Another common factor other than 9.0.2 is that the movies were recorded from the BBC. I am wondering whether they are now "nobbling" the mpeg encoding so programme content can be recorded to DVD. Film 4 does it but in that case the multiplexing stage never gets going.

I'll find out when I burn my next (not BBC) movie.

Archived