Hidden Files Copied Using Recordnow Data V2.0.4

JToTheForth

Question

I am a Roxio novice user. Recently, I was asked to create a self-starting CD of an internal business application for one of our Remote Users. I used Roxio RecordNow Data (v2.0.4) to burn a new CD-R with all the files, etc...

I tested the new CD on a separate computer and the installation ran without a hitch.

I sent the CD to my remote user. She does not have Roxio on her CPU. She loaded the CD, my start up began performing the installation of our internal business system. Shortly after it began the install, a message window appeared with the title: "Roxio Media Manager". The feature you are trying to use is on a CD-ROM or ther removable disk that is not available. Insert the "Roxio Media Manager" disk and Click OK." I did not burn any Roxio files on to this CD. Only my application files.

Why would this be spamming her?? When you use this utility does it add hidden files on the new CD-R to try and get users to buy this software. Unfortunately, after she took the CD-ROM out she NOW continues to have this message appear. It occurs 20+ times a day.

Has ANYONE ever heard of such a thing??

Help.

JToTheForth

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet

Archived