gaz

Roxio Restore Wont Open On Cd

Question

Hi

just tried to restore some files burnt (using toast 7) to dvd's some of which are spanned hence need to restore them but Roxio restore on the cd's won't open! Tried another set same problem. This is a disaster as they are garageband tracks and I need to access the spanned ones. Would really appreciate any help.

Thanks,

Gaz

4 answers to this question

Some things to try:

Trash the com.roxio.restore.plist file in your User>Library>Preferences folder.

Launch the Roxio Restore application that should be in your User>Library>Application Support>Roxio folder. If it launches choose Open in the File menu and choose the Disc index.plist.gz file that it will see on your burned disc.

thanks for your suggestions - mmmm can't find either file, this after Roxio advised me to uninstall all files, verify disk permissions, restart, re-install & dance a merry jig.

Of course now they are closed 'til Monday - going to be difficult now to focus on anything else! - only info I can find out there is two others who seem to have had the same problem with no outcome......

ps I'm on apple mac os x 10.3.11 toast 7.01

sorry meant os x 10.4.11 toast 7.01

The Roxio Restore application should work even if you don't have Toast on the computer at all. Still, you have a long-outdated version of Toast 7 and should update to the latest version of Toast 7.1.3.

Try copying the Restore application to your hard drive and launching it from there. My only other suggestion is to find a friend with a Mac and take the discs there to run the Restore application. There are other applications capable of joining segmented files such as Stuffit Deluxe but I don't know if they will join one that is split using Toast's disc spanning.

sorry had been using 7.1.3 for some time! Tried again today uninstalling etc. Was interesting that the cd icon for restore changed between updating from 7.01 to 7.1.3 ie update must have installed restore on computer but still it just aborts when clicking. Yep had tried coping to hard drive and launching no luck- also saw article 'bout joining using terminal but these garageband files have different types of files etc

Anyways really appreciate your time & efforts & suggestions