.wav Audio Conversion

DocPhil

Question

Hi

I just installed EMC 10 since I had to upgrade due to a Vista installation. I want to convert a .wav file to mp3 but when I attempt to add it in the convert program it says the "the file does not exist or is not a supported audio file" ... The file does appear in the file browser list. Also, a shareware conversion utility I downloaded can read and convert the file to mp3 (it does a lousy sound quality though) so I know the file is okay.

ANybody else have this problem, or is there a known solution....?

Thanks in advance...

8 answers to this question

What "convert" program in the EMC 10 suite are you using? There are several that could be used to do the conversion.

I tried the sound editor too. It shows my .wav files in file selector, but when I click to add it to the editor I get the same error as in the "audio converter" utility! :(

Help!

I tried the sound editor too. It shows my .wav files in file selector, but when I click to add it to the editor I get the same error as in the "audio converter" utility! :(

Help!

Right click on that .wav file, then on Summary. What are the properties of that file?

Right click on that .wav file, then on Summary. What are the properties of that file?

I did some more detective work. The file shows up in media manager and I can actually sample (play) the audio from that window. In the sound editor, it won't play, nor can it be added.

Some more data from right clicking in the media manager gives the following:

Audio Stream: 0

Format: 32 bit 96000Hz Stereo

Compression: Wave parser

I did some more detective work. The file shows up in media manager and I can actually sample (play) the audio from that window. In the sound editor, it won't play, nor can it be added.

Some more data from right clicking in the media manager gives the following:

Audio Stream: 0

Format: 32 bit 96000Hz Stereo

Compression: Wave parser

I may be wrong, but I don't think any of the programs, in the suite, will take anything over 16 bit. Therein lies your problem.

I may be wrong, but I don't think any of the programs, in the suite, will take anything over 16 bit. Therein lies your problem.

Thanks for the info...

I was just in the process of trying different bit depths. Just created a 16 bit wav file and it worked!

I hear a bit more popping noise in the mp3 file though.... any quick comment on how to limit that? Is there a limit on sample rate?

Thanks again for your help! :)

Hi

I just installed EMC 10 since I had to upgrade due to a Vista installation. I want to convert a .wav file to mp3 but when I attempt to add it in the convert program it says the "the file does not exist or is not a supported audio file" ... The file does appear in the file browser list. Also, a shareware conversion utility I downloaded can read and convert the file to mp3 (it does a lousy sound quality though) so I know the file is okay.

ANybody else have this problem, or is there a known solution....?

Thanks in advance...

What "convert" program in the EMC 10 suite are you using? There are several that could be used to do the conversion.

Archived