• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 15 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

How To Preview The Menu - Not Just The Tiny Thumbnail

noodlehead

Question

Hello.

(I am using Toast 8.o.4. Mac OS 10.4.11.)

When I select a menu style, all I can see - as far as a preview - is this tiny little thumbnail under Options. It's so small I cannot read the movie titles. It is hard to know if I need to shorten individual movie titles, or shift them around. Is there a way to see what the main menu will look like when the finished disc is inserted in a DVD player? BEFORE SAVING AS DISC IMAGE. (For example, in Apple's iDVD, I can select a theme, and drag in movies...and I can see what the overall menu will look like.)

Any help? Thanks

2 answers to this question

Sadly the only option is to create the disc image file and preview it in DVD player. Toast 9 has a zoom feature so you can see an enlarged view of the menu as a preview which also shows the disc title given by the user. But it, too, doesn't show the individual video titles so you can't see if something is too long for the available space. I presume you're aware that you can set the number of thumbnails per page so that using fewer thumbnails enables more space for the title text. But an actual preview isn't available.

Sadly the only option is to create the disc image file and preview it in DVD player. Toast 9 has a zoom feature so you can see an enlarged view of the menu as a preview which also shows the disc title given by the user. But it, too, doesn't show the individual video titles so you can't see if something is too long for the available space. I presume you're aware that you can set the number of thumbnails per page so that using fewer thumbnails enables more space for the title text. But an actual preview isn't available.

Thanks for the reply. I wish it were otherwise, but at least it's good to know I can stop trying to make it do what it can't do. (Seems a poor design, if you ask me)

Archived