Mouse Flies Off The Screen

Jefferz

Question

Hey guys I ran into a small problem with Roxio's MyDVD. I've been using it fine on a Windows Vista for four or five months with everything running smoothly. Recently I've been having problems burning a few home videos on to dvd because the mouse keep going crazy. Whenever I click and drag to move text or a scene link or any other box on the menu, the box and mouse instantly flies off the screen and darts into the top left hand corner of the menu preview box. It's very annoying as I can't seem to position any of the boxes or scenes at all and the error only occurs in Roxio and only when clicking on a drag box. I've tried changing mouses as the one I was using was bluetooth to one with a cable, and restarting but nothing seems to work.

4 answers to this question

id remove the mouse driver by right clicking it in the hardware manger and then remove the mouse plug and then plug it back in and let it install the drivers again, if its doing it in other apps then its not a roxio issue its a mouse or driver issue, try another optical mouse?, dose it do it still?

id remove the mouse driver by right clicking it in the hardware manger and then remove the mouse plug and then plug it back in and let it install the drivers again, if its doing it in other apps then its not a roxio issue its a mouse or driver issue, try another optical mouse?, dose it do it still?

I've had a mouse or two that've developed problems where the wire comes out of the mouse, lots of wire flexing happens there. Usually it manifests itself with the cursor going bonkers for a bit, then I go bonkers for a bit, and eventually I pull the mouse apart and re-wire it.

Archived