Running Emc8

taskmaster108042x

Question

When running EMC8 on WinXP Home, some tasks change the display properties. I can

accept that. But the refresh rate is not maintained. I have my refresh rate set to 75.

EMC8 changes it to something less when I use the Label Creator task (I see the 'fluttering'

on the screen). When I exit Label Creator, the display properties are restored, but the

refresh rate is set to 60. I manually change the refresh rate back to 75, but I

shouldn't have to. Is there a EMC8 fix for this?

12 answers to this question

Minimum resolution is 1024X768. I haven't heard of any application in the suite changing the resolution. The user normally would get an error message saying the resolution wasn't high enough or something to that affect. If you are using a higher reolution, the apps should just launch without affecting the display.

Are you by any chance using display add-ons like screen magnifiers or some special settings in the display property?

When running EMC8 on WinXP Home, some tasks change the display properties. I can

accept that. But the refresh rate is not maintained. I have my refresh rate set to 75.

EMC8 changes it to something less when I use the Label Creator task (I see the 'fluttering'

on the screen). When I exit Label Creator, the display properties are restored, but the

refresh rate is set to 60. I manually change the refresh rate back to 75, but I

shouldn't have to. Is there a EMC8 fix for this?

I have not seen this happen. Do you have a low end video card and a low end monitor?

Minimum resolution is 1024X768. I haven't heard of any application in the suite changing the resolution. The user normally would get an error message saying the resolution wasn't high enough or something to that affect. If you are using a higher reolution, the apps should just launch without affecting the display.

Are you by any chance using display add-ons like screen magnifiers or some special settings in the display property?

Have you tryed to drop the res down to 800x600 or similer (i know no one uses that any more) but just to see if the app still changes the resolution on the screen...

also most people use the default drivers in XP for there screen settings , so if you have or even if you havent, try updating the Inf Drivers for your screen from here (Dell M782 Screen drivers)

Then reboot and try it again the normal way you have been running your system and see if this helps?

Have you tryed to drop the res down to 800x600 or similer (i know no one uses that any more) but just to see if the app still changes the resolution on the screen...

also most people use the default drivers in XP for there screen settings , so if you have or even if you havent, try updating the Inf Drivers for your screen from here (Dell M782 Screen drivers)

Then reboot and try it again the normal way you have been running your system and see if this helps?

The OP mainly complained that his refresh rate was changed from 75 to 60. In any case I have never heard of any program automatically changing the resolution or refresh rate.

I was 20 and 21 while I was there. 56, now.

I was next door to VN (sort of) in mid-1960s - past the 60 age marker now.

I am not ready to blame MS yet - Roxio causes the resolution change - they

should restore it correctly.

Have you or anybody tried the scenario yet?

GPB - What size is your LCD? Did you modify the desktop fonts and icons?

The OP mainly complained that his refresh rate was changed from 75 to 60. In any case I have never heard of any program automatically changing the resolution or refresh rate.

Thanks for the responses.

I have the resolution on this 17" monitor set to 800x600 - refresh rate at 75.

Both users of this pc are over 60, and the 800x600 certainly makes it much easier

to read. (Grandpa Bruce should be able to atest to that.)

With that default setting, Roxio EMC8 Home starts fine - no compliants. Even though Roxio

suggests/requires 1024x768. When I select a task, as Creator Classic, I get a warning

message about screen resolution. When I select OK, Roxio changes the resolution to

1024x768, refresh rate to 60, and then displays the Classic Creator screen. Some

other tasks do the same, some don't. When I exit out of Creator Classic the display

returns to 800x600-60, and the EMC8 Home displays. Exiting out of that returns me

to my Desktop. Refresh rate is not back to 75, as the default.

Try it - see if it works the same for you.

Thanks for the responses.

I have the resolution on this 17" monitor set to 800x600 - refresh rate at 75.

Both users of this pc are over 60, and the 800x600 certainly makes it much easier

to read. (Grandpa Bruce should be able to atest to that.)

With that default setting, Roxio EMC8 Home starts fine - no compliants. Even though Roxio

suggests/requires 1024x768. When I select a task, as Creator Classic, I get a warning

message about screen resolution. When I select OK, Roxio changes the resolution to

1024x768, refresh rate to 60, and then displays the Classic Creator screen. Some

other tasks do the same, some don't. When I exit out of Creator Classic the display

returns to 800x600-60, and the EMC8 Home displays. Exiting out of that returns me

to my Desktop. Refresh rate is not back to 75, as the default.

Try it - see if it works the same for you.

Ahhhh, that 1024x768 is the minimum resolution that some of the programs require. That is why you are seeing the change.

BTW, I am not real close to 60 yet. LOL! I run my LCD montior at the digital native resolution...1280x1024. It looks fine to me, most of the time. :)

Ahhhh, that 1024x768 is the minimum resolution that some of the programs require. That is why you are seeing the change.

BTW, I am not real close to 60 yet. LOL! I run my LCD montior at the digital native resolution...1280x1024. It looks fine to me, most of the time. :)

Sorry 'bout that - I saw the Vietnam years and made an incorrect assumtion

(spelling).

I understand why it makes the change, I am just 'ticked' that it doesn't reset

the refresh rate also.

I was next door to VN (sort of) in mid-1960s - past the 60 age marker now.

I am not ready to blame MS yet - Roxio causes the resolution change - they

should restore it correctly.

Have you or anybody tried the scenario yet?

GPB - What size is your LCD? Did you modify the desktop fonts and icons?

I have a 19" LCD. It is 4 years old, but still running strong. You need to change the resolution to the minimum required. If you do, it should not change again, while going through the different programs.

Were you in Thailand?

Archived