• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 4 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Confused About Converting Avchd

mdgolom

Question

I'm a little confused about converting AVCHD using Toast. I downloaded the .MTS files from my Canon HG-10 camcorder. I can't get Toast 9 (I have the HD plug-ins) to recognize the .MTS in the media browser. Will Toast only see them directly on the camcorder? I would love to be able to convert the raw MTS files to disc or some other format.

Thank

4 answers to this question

What I read in the Toast Getting Started Guide is that you connect the camcorder and choose AVCHD Camcorder in the Media Browser to access the files. I don't see where it describes adding the videos directly from the hard drive. I don't have one of these, unfortunately, to test out alternatives.

I have a Sony CX7 and I just copy my mts files to my hard drive.... from there I just grab them and put them into Toast9 ... are you grabbing from them from the camera itself or the computer's hard drive.... ?

Toast 9 recognizes the .mts files and I can even preview them... they then can be converted to something else or made to dvd-r ...

Check your plugin in Toast 9 or re-install it....

Are you using the Media Browser to pick them up in Toast? If not, how do you do it?

Are you using the Media Browser to pick them up in Toast? If not, how do you do it?

I take my memory stick out of the camera and plug it into a stick reader

I then double click the stick reader to open the folders

I copy the .mts files to my computer's hard drive in a folder called avchd

eject mem stick

open Toast 9

open avchd folder on my hard drive

then I just grab the mts file and move them over to toast 9

Check out my You tube video of this feature :

I have a Sony CX7 and I just copy my mts files to my hard drive.... from there I just grab them and put them into Toast9 ... are you grabbing from them from the camera itself or the computer's hard drive.... ?

Toast 9 recognizes the .mts files and I can even preview them... they then can be converted to something else or made to dvd-r ...

Check your plugin in Toast 9 or re-install it....

Archived