• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 10 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Ts Folders Won't Burn "don't Have Required Access Permission"

gomoco

Question

I have been using mactheripper to copy my dvds for a couple of years now with no problem. My home made movies and dvds I have purchased to have as a back up. As soon as I installed the 8.0.4 update I was not able to burn them. I get the following message, " Could not record the disc because you don't have the required access permissions, result code -54". Does anyone know what this is about? Very frustrated.

Thanks in advance,

Gomoco

4 answers to this question

I have been using mactheripper to copy my dvds for a couple of years now with no problem. My home made movies and dvds I have purchased to have as a back up. As soon as I installed the 8.0.4 update I was not able to burn them. I get the following message, " Could not record the disc because you don't have the required access permissions, result code -54". Does anyone know what this is about? Very frustrated.

Thanks in advance,

Gomoco

Try going back to a previous version of Toast 8 and see if it works. Sometimes an update introduces new bugs although I don't know if that is the case here. You can have multiple copies of Toast without any problem.

Try going back to a previous version of Toast 8 and see if it works. Sometimes an update introduces new bugs although I don't know if that is the case here. You can have multiple copies of Toast without any problem.

Thanks for the advice...but how do I get a previous version. I didn't keep one when I updated to 8.0.4.

Thanks,

gomoco

Thanks for the advice...but how do I get a previous version. I didn't keep one when I updated to 8.0.4.

Thanks,

gomoco

What about the version you either downloaded or have on disc when you bought Toast 8? Do you have any backups of your Applications somewhere? You might contact Roxio and ask for a link to a previous version to download.

You also may try trashing the toast plist and prefs files in your User>Library>Preferences folder and relaunching Toast.

I'll try what you're attempting on my Mac to see if I encounter the same problem.

What about the version you either downloaded or have on disc when you bought Toast 8? Do you have any backups of your Applications somewhere? You might contact Roxio and ask for a link to a previous version to download.

You also may try trashing the toast plist and prefs files in your User>Library>Preferences folder and relaunching Toast.

I'll try what you're attempting on my Mac to see if I encounter the same problem.

Thanks, Thanks, Thanks.

Getting rid of the plist and pref files fixed the issue. Not sure I would have know to do that and I'm sure I can't be the only one who has had this problem.

Later,

gomoco

Archived