• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 11 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Project Settings!

cap2587

Question

Not sure if this question is in the right section. In the project settings of My DVD. I usually set my quality to HQ, and my video to 720 * 480. What exactly is this sizing. Does it relate to the size of the TV. Trying to help a friend out that has a very small TV (19"). Does that mean that he sets his video to 720*480 or uses some lower setting. Thanks.

1 answer to this question

Not sure if this question is in the right section. In the project settings of My DVD. I usually set my quality to HQ, and my video to 720 * 480. What exactly is this sizing. Does it relate to the size of the TV. Trying to help a friend out that has a very small TV (19"). Does that mean that he sets his video to 720*480 or uses some lower setting. Thanks.

The 720x480 is the standard DVD compliant format for NTSC. Use the settings you listed above, for burning the video. All televisions are different, so do a test burn of a short video, and see how it looks on the 19" television. You can resize the video by putting it on an overlay, and adjusting the size of it by dragging the corners to make it a smaller size, but do a test without doing this, first.

Archived