Windows Media Player

bfied@comcast.net

Question

After installing Easy Media Creator 8 my Windows Media Player 10 no longer plays a video clip from the web unless I click on the video link and wait until I head the audio then click on the link again and then the video will start to play. I have Windows Media Player 10. This also happens with Windows Media Player 9. If I uninstall Easy Media Creator 8 the video link will play both the audio and video portion with just one click.

Has anybody else experienced this?

6 answers to this question

So far I have not found any adverse affect. However, I just got start in "movie making" activities about 5 or 6 months ago and I am trying Nero 7, Pinnalce Studio 10.5 Plus, Sony Vega 6, Media Creator 8, and Media Creator 7.5 to see which I like best. This has resulted in knowing a little about all of these and not knowing a whole lot about all of them. So far, each has some items I really like over the other ones, if I could only pull these I really like together into one application(:>)

Two things I have found very useful - this forum (though much of it is devoted to "problems") and the Sony forum. The Sony forum has a much higher percentage of "how do I do this" and responses. While the procedures differs from Media Creator, some of the concepts can be applied. These concepts/techniques gets the creative juices flowing and I have been able to apply the some of the concepts in the other applications.

Let me know which one you like the best. I have tried a Pinnacle program in the past and liked it very much. I bought ECM 8 to try but I think that Pinnacle Studio 10.5 has more features.

Thank you this worked. What effect will unregistering this file have on ECM 8?

So far I have not found any adverse affect. However, I just got start in "movie making" activities about 5 or 6 months ago and I am trying Nero 7, Pinnalce Studio 10.5 Plus, Sony Vega 6, Media Creator 8, and Media Creator 7.5 to see which I like best. This has resulted in knowing a little about all of these and not knowing a whole lot about all of them. So far, each has some items I really like over the other ones, if I could only pull these I really like together into one application(:>)

Two things I have found very useful - this forum (though much of it is devoted to "problems") and the Sony forum. The Sony forum has a much higher percentage of "how do I do this" and responses. While the procedures differs from Media Creator, some of the concepts can be applied. These concepts/techniques gets the creative juices flowing and I have been able to apply the some of the concepts in the other applications.

After installing Easy Media Creator 8 my Windows Media Player 10 no longer plays a video clip from the web unless I click on the video link and wait until I head the audio then click on the link again and then the video will start to play. I have Windows Media Player 10. This also happens with Windows Media Player 9. If I uninstall Easy Media Creator 8 the video link will play both the audio and video portion with just one click.

Has anybody else experienced this?

Patrox posted the solution:

"1) Click on Start --> Run

2) In the run dialogue box and type in:

regsvr32 /u mcspmpeg.ax"

That did not work for me when I tried it, I posted what did work for me, search for mcspmpeg.ax and rename something like mcspmpeg.ax.hide (I posted this when my user name was my email address) I believe it was #50 or 51 in that thread. However, later on I completely wiped hard drive and re-installed everything again.

This time Patrox solution worked.

I believe you will find one of the two solutions above will fix the problem

regsvr32 /u mcspmpeg.ax"

That did not work for me when I tried it, I posted what did work for me, search for mcspmpeg.ax and rename something like mcspmpeg.ax.hide (I posted this when my user name was my email address) I believe it was #50 or 51 in that thread. However, later on I completely wiped hard drive and re-installed everything again.

Also, uninstalling WMP 10 and going back to 9, will help. It will also alleviate any problems that you may have with DRM, which WMP 10 imposes on you.

regsvr32 /u mcspmpeg.ax"

Thank you this worked. What effect will unregistering this file have on ECM 8?

Archived