• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 10 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Memphis Or Kansas ?

tbrewst

Ok guys (and gals) this is it.The NCAA Championship game is tonight.Who's it gonna be?Memphis or Kansas?

My pick is Memphis,has been all along.Hell,I wanted them to win last year.

Kansas will be a tough match up but I'm thinking that Memphis' length will be too much for them.

As far as free throw shooting,everyone has said all along that it would be Memphis' downfall but as of yet I haven't seen it being a problem.

Hopefully it'll be a good game and not a blow out.We'll see by late this evening. <_<

P.S.-Tuesday also has the Ladies final.Tennessee vs Stanford.Stanford looked real good in defeating the #1 team U Conn.Tennessee squeaked by LSU in a low scoring but tight game.I think this one all comes down to how well Candace Parker deals with her shoulder problems.Of course Candace Wiggins could have something to say about the outcome.

God do I love March Madness :D

I'm also picking Memphis but this should be a real good game. I'll be surprised if it's not but sometimes the adrenaline level is so high it works against these young kids. I predict

Twas a shame (IMO) that LSU has gone to the Final Four 5 times and lost. I am amazed how good some of these girls are (not being chauvinist here). I think Tennessee will win again though last night they were not at their best. In fact, neither team was. Though I would really like to see Stanford win. The level of play is most enjoyable and I hope the WNBA will benefit from some of these players.

I saw the table of LSU's last 4 losses in the Final Four and their margin of defeat got worse each year they were in up till this year.Last year they got beat by I think 24.At least it was only 1 this year.

Tennessee's only problem could be that they're basically a one man (woman) show,where as Stanford seems to get more players involved in the offense.I'm still sticking with Tennessee though.

GO MEMPHIS

I'm in the same boat as Bruce. I want Memphis to win but I'll have to put my money on Kansas. I think it will depend on who gets out with the scoring first. These teams nopw are so closely matched that which ever one gets a good start, it will be hard for the other team to play catchup.

You can bet I'll be by the TV though watching with some popcorn and a few cold Buds close by :lol:

Frank...

I'm in the same boat as Bruce. I want Memphis to win but I'll have to put my money on Kansas. I think it will depend on who gets out with the scoring first. These teams nopw are so closely matched that which ever one gets a good start, it will be hard for the other team to play catchup.

You can bet I'll be by the TV though watching with some popcorn and a few cold Buds close by :lol:

Frank...

Seems Frank and Bruce know there business! :blink:

cd

Now that's what I call a GREAT finals game !!! :) Memphis had several chances to win it in regulation time but just couldn't make it work. Then along comes Kansas with the shot of the year and then sealed it in a really good O.T.

Couple of great teams this year. See ya all next year at the 2009 NCAA finals !!

Frank...

Now that's what I call a GREAT finals game !!! :) Memphis had several chances to win it in regulation time but just couldn't make it work. Then along comes Kansas with the shot of the year and then sealed it in a really good O.T.

Couple of great teams this year. See ya all next year at the 2009 NCAA finals !!

Frank...

Memphis had the game won, in regulation. They should have tried to play keep away, when there was less than 20 seconds left. They didn't, so Kansas gets the ball with 10 seconds left, after Memphis misses the free throws. Kansas then had a chance to tie with a 3-pointer. Why Memphis didn't foul them, is beyond me. Dumb mistake, because Kansas scored the 3, and took the game to O.T. With a foul, Kansas would have only had 2 free throws.

Memphis let Kansas play their game but had the game won had they been a bit more patient. They could have had better clock management. Two very good teams. The system worked! Both teams should hold their head high.

So who wins tonight when the ladies play? Tennessee or Stanford? Tennessee has the experience but Stanford has the want. Another good game.

Well,Memphis' free throw shooting finally bit them in the &amp;%&#036;.If they'd have only made 1 or 2 more it would have ended in regulation.

I agree,why they didn't foul before that final shot is beyond me.I think Callipari made 2 mistakes,not calling time out and not telling them to foul.

Oh well,it was a great game.

Paul,I vote Tennessee.That probably means Stanford will win....lol

On a slightly different note - can someone on that side of the pond please enlighten me just WHY it's Kan-zass - but Ark-ensaw??????

I don't have an explanation Daithi except that although we're 50 united states, 42 of them don't speak the same language. :P:o:lol:

I always assumed the 'sas' of Arkansas had to do with French spelling, but never checked it.

Where the accent in also makes a difference, but pronounciation can be highly idiomatic -

Des Moines (de Moin) Iowa

Des Plaines (dez Plainz) Illinois

Des Moines (de Moinz) Washington

When I was at college, there was a story floating around WSIU (on-campus regional fm station) that someone from the Chicago area (where Des Plaines is) was reading the news and said Dez Moinz, Iowa ... if true, I would suspect he newscaster had at best a chewing out.

Then, there's Beaufort, (BO-fort) North Carolina, and Beaufort (Bew-fert), South Carolina ...

At one point I dropped a note to the BBC suggesting changing the spelling on a few of their maps - St. Lewis, Missour (St. Louie is in Senegal) and Hugh's Ton, Texas (there's no question Whose Ton it is) - I suspect it was put up on a bulletin board, because the problem went away.

Lynn

Archived