Can't Rid Cineplayer Error Popup

johnwmreed

Question

Several years ago I installed Roxio Easy Media Creator 7.5 which also installed Cineplayer 2.0.0. My computer crashed recently and I retored my operating system and files from my EMC Retrospect backup. Everything works fine except out of the blue an error keeps popping up saying: “Cineplayer decoders cannot find a valid license – please reinstall Cineplayer.” I tried to reinstall but keep getting message: “Sonic CinePlayer 2.0.0 is already installed. To uninstall or repair this application use Add/Remove Programs in the control Panel." But Sonic Cineplayer is not listed in the Add/Remove Programs box. This is a catch 22. So I deleted all the Cineplayer files and deleted all the references to Cineplayer in the Registry. But the error message still pops up. How can I get rid of this message – it is very annoying?”

3 answers to this question

Several years ago I installed Roxio Easy Media Creator 7.5 which also installed Cineplayer 2.0.0. My computer crashed recently and I retored my operating system and files from my EMC Retrospect backup. Everything works fine except out of the blue an error keeps popping up saying: “Cineplayer decoders cannot find a valid license – please reinstall Cineplayer.” I tried to reinstall but keep getting message: “Sonic CinePlayer 2.0.0 is already installed. To uninstall or repair this application use Add/Remove Programs in the control Panel." But Sonic Cineplayer is not listed in the Add/Remove Programs box. This is a catch 22. So I deleted all the Cineplayer files and deleted all the references to Cineplayer in the Registry. But the error message still pops up. How can I get rid of this message – it is very annoying?”

Well, if you would have left Cineplayer on your computer, I believe that all you had to do was open Cineplayer, close it, and you would not get that error message again. Your best bet now is to follow the Clean Install, in the following link:

http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?showtopic=24606

Well, if you would have left Cineplayer on your computer, I believe that all you had to do was open Cineplayer, close it, and you would not get that error message again. Your best bet now is to follow the Clean Install, in the following link:

http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?showtopic=24606

The good news is your link lead me to the procedure for a clean unintall and restall, AND the pop up went away! BUT I couldn't complete the reinstall because the installation ask for me to "Put in disk with installer information." All I have is the Program Disk ver 7.5 and a Content disk. Neither of these made the installation process happy so I had to abort.

I never use Easy Media Creator anymore anyway, so I will count my blessings and move on with my life.

Thanks so much for your help

The good news is your link lead me to the procedure for a clean unintall and restall, AND the pop up went away! BUT I couldn't complete the reinstall because the installation ask for me to "Put in disk with installer information." All I have is the Program Disk ver 7.5 and a Content disk. Neither of these made the installation process happy so I had to abort.

I never use Easy Media Creator anymore anyway, so I will count my blessings and move on with my life.

Thanks so much for your help

You're welcome.

Archived