• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 13 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Can't Add Multiple Video Files To Project

jojoand

Question

When I go to add some video files to a project, the dialog box says that if you hold down control and select mulitiple videos, they will all be added. This does not work. Only one video is added and I have to keep going back to add the next one. In addition, the name of the file I have selected is never added into the file box at the bottom of the dialog page. I have tried dragging a file to the box and it also is never added. Is this the way it works for others? Is this a bug or is there some other problem I am experiencing?

Also, after adding several videos, I don't seem to be able to get to the submenu with thumbnails of the added videos. Is it possible to add three or four thumbnails to the first menu? (rather than just the video text titles)

12 answers to this question

Just turning off Watched Folders is fine. I opted to not install Media Manager because I didn't need any of the functions it provides. I still have the 'Media manager' when selecting files, etc. I just don't have the watched folders and Liveshare, etc. Everything still works fine that I can tell.

I also turned off (uninstalled) Media Manager, but unless you let it run long enough to catalog everything before you turned it off, I don't think it would have all your media files when you used it to select files. (Though I still can find them all when I go to the folders tab.) I know not all of mine are in the media catalog because I think I shut it down before it found everything. It is such a resource hog that it hung my whole computer and I could do nothing until I killed it.

I never installed Media Manager from the beginning so it never cataloged any files. I find those first two tabs totally useless in Media Selector. I only use the yellow folder which gives me the 'explorer' look. Personally, I dislike any application that tries to rewrite or redesign Window standard dialog boxes. I much rather prefer the standard Windows FILE OPEN dialog box.

I just deal with it. :)

How do you add the second button? I don't seem to find a place to do this. Thanks so much for your help!

If you want separate buttons, then each file must be added separately.

like:

Add Video, select, open

Add Video, select, open, etc.

This creates a button for each video file. Since they are on teh Main Menu, they are called TITLES.

To add several to ONE Button, you Add Video, Select several files at once, Open. This creates one button that will play all teh files in sequence. To create a submenu to select chapter, just right mouse click on this button and choose 'edit chapters'.

You can also create two buttons that 'point' to the same video. For example a 'Play' button and then a 'Scenes' button.

By adding each file SEPARATELY, you will get a separate button for each file added.

Add New Movie

Select the file

Click OPEN

This adds a single button to the main menu linked to that file

Repeat this process for each file/button you want on the Main Menu.

These are called TITLES and are treated as individual 'movies'. When viewing has ended, each will return to the main menu.

Ok, thanks for the explanation regarding Titles.

Can you suggest how to do what I want...

I would like to create a DVD which has seperate episodes of a show for my son. I would like

1) It to autoplay..so I don't have to find the remote control

2) The seperate episodes will play one after the other without user interaction

3) I will have a Menu Screen that I can access in case I would like to play a particular episode.

p.s. These files will be coming from my Windows Media Center(MS-dvr files)

By adding each file SEPARATELY, you will get a separate button for each file added.

Add New Movie

Select the file

Click OPEN

These are called TITLES and are treated as individual 'movies'. When viewing has ended, each will return to the main menu.

post-49-1143475590.jpg

1. Sorry, as far as I know you can not have autoplay AND menus. You will always have to press at least one button.

2. Can NOT do this with the Essentials or Standard versions of EMC8. It is available with EMC8 Deluxe version only. If you purchased the MyDVD separately, I'm not sure if this feature is there or not.

I must not have been clear with my question. I understand how to add separate buttons for each video but you said you could add two buttons pointing to the same video. That is my question; how to do this and have one be a play button and one a scene button. Do you add the same file twice; then on the second one click to add chapters? But on the first do nothing? I would think that would include the file twice, though, making the DVD too long. In other words, how do you add two buttons to the same video without duplicating the video on the dvd? Thanks again.

Add New Movie

Select the file

Click OPEN

oh [blush] :)

Click on the button

Go to the menu EDIT / COPY which goes to the clipboard

move the first button a bit

then EDIT / PASTE

You want to move the first button because the second button will paste back to the exact same spot.

This is one of the big differences between V7 & 8. V7 did in fact copy the movie twice. V8 just copies the button and points to a single file on the DVD.

oh [blush] :)

Click on the button

Go to the menu EDIT / COPY which goes to the clipboard

move the first button a bit

then EDIT / PASTE

You want to move the first button because the second button will paste back to the exact same spot.

This is one of the big differences between V7 & 8. V7 did in fact copy the movie twice. V8 just copies the button and points to a single file on the DVD.

Thanks so much! I thought you might be able to help with another question. How important is it to have the Folder Watch always on? I found it slowed everything up greatly, causing hangs and crashes, and would like to turn it off permanently. I tried turning off the Media Manager database service and found that caused many problems, such as certain modules not running, so I had to turn it back on...but the actual watch service I'd like to keep off. Any problems you know with this?

I've also been getting frequent program crashes (in My DVD and PhotoSuite, mainly) with the MS error message that the program had to terminate unexpectedly and giving me the chance to send the info to Microsoft, which I do. Is that happening to other users or could I have a conflict that I might be able to eliminate with a reinstall or some other action?

Thanks so much! I thought you might be able to help with another question. How important is it to have the Folder Watch always on? I found it slowed everything up greatly, causing hangs and crashes, and would like to turn it off permanently. I tried turning off the Media Manager database service and found that caused many problems, such as certain modules not running, so I had to turn it back on...but the actual watch service I'd like to keep off. Any problems you know with this?

I've also been getting frequent program crashes (in My DVD and PhotoSuite, mainly) with the MS error message that the program had to terminate unexpectedly and giving me the chance to send the info to Microsoft, which I do. Is that happening to other users or could I have a conflict that I might be able to eliminate with a reinstall or some other action?

Sorry!! I noticed you answered this in another message.

I discovered that the way multiple videos are added is that they are combined into one video clip with one "button" or thumbnail. Previous programs I have used added mulitple videos as separate videos, so I thought I was only getting one of the multiple videos I had selected.

When I go to add some video files to a project, the dialog box says that if you hold down control and select mulitiple videos, they will all be added. This does not work. Only one video is added and I have to keep going back to add the next one. In addition, the name of the file I have selected is never added into the file box at the bottom of the dialog page. I have tried dragging a file to the box and it also is never added. Is this the way it works for others? Is this a bug or is there some other problem I am experiencing?

Also, after adding several videos, I don't seem to be able to get to the submenu with thumbnails of the added videos. Is it possible to add three or four thumbnails to the first menu? (rather than just the video text titles)

I tried turning off the Media Manager database service and found that caused many problems, such as certain modules not running, so I had to turn it back on...but the actual watch service I'd like to keep off.

Just turning off Watched Folders is fine. I opted to not install Media Manager because I didn't need any of the functions it provides. I still have the 'Media manager' when selecting files, etc. I just don't have the watched folders and Liveshare, etc. Everything still works fine that I can tell.

If you want separate buttons, then each file must be added separately.

like:

Add Video, select, open

Add Video, select, open, etc.

This creates a button for each video file. Since they are on teh Main Menu, they are called TITLES.

To add several to ONE Button, you Add Video, Select several files at once, Open. This creates one button that will play all teh files in sequence. To create a submenu to select chapter, just right mouse click on this button and choose 'edit chapters'.

You can also create two buttons that 'point' to the same video. For example a 'Play' button and then a 'Scenes' button.

Archived