Audio

larry1956

Question

Hi folks,

Just bought and installed EMC10 on my system using the clean install method detailed in this forum and all is well. While I was at it I used RegCleaner on the rest of my system after I removed other programs I no longer used and seen a noticeble improvement in performance :rolleyes: My question tonight is how do you mute or remove the imbedded audio in an avi file. I'm editing a music video in videowave and would like to have just the music track audio and not the sound from the camera.

10 answers to this question

It would be nice if the OP posted exactly what he is talking about.

Thanks gentlemen, although I feel like an RP in a police action of some kind here :blink: Yes, muting the native audio track that was recorded by my camera was exactly what I was after and was able to accomplish with your help :)

Thanks to all!

Hi folks,

Just bought and installed EMC10 on my system using the clean install method detailed in this forum and all is well. While I was at it I used RegCleaner on the rest of my system after I removed other programs I no longer used and seen a noticeble improvement in performance :rolleyes: My question tonight is how do you mute or remove the imbedded audio in an avi file. I'm editing a music video in videowave and would like to have just the music track audio and not the sound from the camera.

In VideoWave, bring in your video clip. In the Preview Screen, above, click on the speaker icon, and select mute. Your video file is now muted.

Oops, I just read your post again. What I said, mutes the entire audio. What you want to do can't be done with the software, as far as I know.

Thanks gentlemen, although I feel like an RP in a police action of some kind here :blink: Yes, muting the native audio track that was recorded by my camera was exactly what I was after and was able to accomplish with your help :)

Thanks to all!

You are welcome. As you can see, there is more than one way to do what you want.

Well yes you can…

VideoWave, select the entire file, Right Click and choose Edit Native Audio.

Drag the slider, under Overall volume (db), all the way to the left.

Note if you have more than one clip loaded, you must do this to each clip individually…

post-39730-1207652368.jpg

Well yes you can…

VideoWave, select the entire file, Right Click and choose Edit Native Audio.

Drag the slider, under Overall volume (db), all the way to the left.

Note if you have more than one clip loaded, you must do this to each clip individually…

I think the OP is talking about separating voice from the music and muting the voice only. At least that is the way I read it the second time, when I added my oops.

Sounds like the OP wants to mute the native audio and put his own music track. If that's the case, bring in the avi file to Videowave (as gradpabruce described) and switch to Timeline view. Make sure the Native audio track is visible (if not, click the Show/Hide Tracks and put a check mark beside Native). On the Native audio track there is an orange colored circle. Click that and it should disable that Native track. You can add your own music on the other audio tracks (Music, Narration).

Archived