Avid Pass-through Export

banders100

Question

I am using Avid Media Composer and looking for settings that I can export from Avid Media Composer to DVDit HD pro without DVDit re-encoding video after authoring. I found a couple posts with settings, but none for Media Composer. Anyone know how this can be accomplished? I should also mention that this is an HD project.

4 answers to this question

I am using Avid Media Composer and looking for settings that I can export from Avid Media Composer to DVDit HD pro without DVDit re-encoding video after authoring. I found a couple posts with settings, but none for Media Composer. Anyone know how this can be accomplished? I should also mention that this is an HD project.

There is a tutorial re AMC to DVDitPro workflow: http://www.gaijin-eyes.com/tutorials/MCtoBLURAY/MCBLU01.htm

SL

banders,

I use Avid/Pinnacle Liquid 7.2 to create the sequences I use in DVDit Pro HD to create my Blu-rays. There has been some discussion on the Liquid forum on the Pinnacle web site regarding how best to encode output to DVDit. mjornarn has done quite a bit and shared some of his custom presets here: http://forums.pinnaclesys.com/forums/thread/147559.aspx

The essence of his research is that no one has found a technique yet that eliminates the transcoding step in DVDit. The results are of excellent quality, but it appears the two softwares have a slightly different interpretation of the codec details.

Some day this may get ironed out, but in the meantime, I schedule my burning session to run overnite.

regards,

john

bigmac, if anyone from the Pinnacle forum wants to send me elementary mpeg streams to run through the verifier, I will be happy to do so to shed some light on why Pinnacle streams are not BD compliant.

scott

SSscott,

I'd be happy to send you some. What transfer method and where to???

john

Archived