• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 19 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Problem: The Content Of This Video_ts Folder Cannot Be Compressed

werd9003

Question

I use mac the ripper and I successfully decoded a dvd to my hard drive. The movie plays on my computer, but when I try to burn it to disc, a message says that The content of this Video_TS folder cannot be compressed. What is causing this? Is there a way to fix this problem?

Thanks in advance,

Drew

5 answers to this question

That's true, I only did a main feature extraction. Are you saying it may work if I extract the full disc?

Yes. Toast reads the IFO file and objects when the IFO points to content that isn't there. Recognize that you can choose the main movie only (or any other title) in Toast by clicking the Options button.

Yes. Toast reads the IFO file and objects when the IFO points to content that isn't there. Recognize that you can choose the main movie only (or any other title) in Toast by clicking the Options button.

Try again but first empty the Roxio Converted Items folder and choose Save as Disc Image from the File menu. If it still doesn't work there is something else you can try. Place the VIDEO_TS folder on your desktop. Choose DVD with the top button of the Toast Media Browser. When something appears in the browser window double-click on it to see the individual titles. Select the title you want and drag it to the Video window but choose DVD video as the format instead of DVD video from VIDEO_TS. Toast will extract the MPEG video from the VIDEO_TS. Now set up the menu the way you want and choose Save as Disc Image. If all works well you can select the disc image file using the Image File setting in the Copy window to burn your DVD and apply the fit-to-DVD compression if needed.

Archived