• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 14 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

3d Transitions

grego137

Question

MYDVD9

earlier in my project, I could have sworn a had many different transition choices, including 3D, page turn etc etc

I went back to go through the transitions again and I dont see these, where I once thought I had.

Does anyone know how to get to them.

thanks

18 answers to this question

Up top in MyDVD click tools, options. Is render using, set to software? If so run the graphics test, where does it default to?

The 3D is when your set to Hardware.

cd

Just checked, it is set to software. Should I switch it back to hardware????

is there a quality difference between the 2 software/hardware settings?

if so, i'd rather stick with the basic transactions than sacrafice any quality.

thank you

Just checked, it is set to software. Should I switch it back to hardware????

is there a quality difference between the 2 software/hardware settings?

if so, i'd rather stick with the basic transactions than sacrafice any quality.

thank you

You should try a small project and see! Some with Nvidia video cards have had trouble. It seems computer specific, only way is for you to test..Run the test and see what it defaults to.

cd

any idea where i'd even begin to look for it, I need to make sure I have it before I start deleting everything?

sorry, im somewhat clueless.

thank you!!!

The download should be in the folder that you chose to save it to when you downloaded it. You need to burn that file to a CD, or DVD, if it is too large for a CD. There should have been 2 files that you downloaded.

do you think this is safe to do in the middle of my project?

thanks for your time!

If you let Roxio save your productions to the default location, move them to a different floder on your hard drive, outside of Documents and Settings. You can move them back to the original location, after you do a clean install.

I always make a folder for my productions on a different hard drive partition.

The download should be in the folder that you chose to save it to when you downloaded it. You need to burn that file to a CD, or DVD, if it is too large for a CD. There should have been 2 files that you downloaded.

Ok. I realized I still had it on my desktop and it was 1 item.

I did the entire windows installer cleanup, followed every step, it all went well (instructions were perfect)

re-installed MYDVD9,

then went to the project and nothing had changed. it was the same as before.

I can open the project as usual, I can edit, add music, work in timeline view, work in storyline view, navigate through the entire project, preview the project etc............

but when I bring my curser up and click on dvdmenu (to edit menu etc..) I instantly get an error message 'videowave need to close etc ............" and it boots me out.

any other ideas?

thanks

thanks for the replies.

Well, I'll stay with the software mode. Although the 3D transtions are nice, System seems to act up while using them.

I just noticed even while in software mode, I started selecting a few different transitions, and now its acting up again?

error reports 'has to close' etc....

what gives is this normal?

thank you again.

One common problems seen with Hardware Render is a swimming or blurriness in scenes that have camera movement like panning.

That would be something to look for during your testing.

Hard to say when something is not specific. I generally recommend that you do the Clean Install to make sure every part of the program is up to snuff. HEre

I just read through the instructions, for the clean install.

once im down to lthe last step, and all is removed, it says to restart the computer, re install Easy Media Creator.

Where do I go for the re-install, is there a link somewhere or ?

also, i have MYDVD9 is this the same as Easy Media Creator?

sorry to sound so clueless, im very new to this................but i'm learning.

thanks

MYDVD9

earlier in my project, I could have sworn a had many different transition choices, including 3D, page turn etc etc

I went back to go through the transitions again and I dont see these, where I once thought I had.

Does anyone know how to get to them.

thanks

Up top in MyDVD click tools, options. Is render using, set to software? If so run the graphics test, where does it default to?

The 3D is when your set to Hardware.

cd

I just read through the instructions, for the clean install.

once im down to lthe last step, and all is removed, it says to restart the computer, re install Easy Media Creator.

Where do I go for the re-install, is there a link somewhere or ?

also, i have MYDVD9 is this the same as Easy Media Creator?

sorry to sound so clueless, im very new to this................but i'm learning.

thanks

To reinstall, put the CD in the drive and the install program should start up.

The proper name of the product is Easy Media Creator 9 Suite. You may have the MyDVD 9 Studio, which is a cut back version of the Suite. However there was never any MyDVD 9 by itself that I am aware of.

In any case, if you are down to the reinstall, the name does not really matter, it was the housecleaning that preceded it that was important!

Define acting up :huh:

been getting allot of " videowave 9 has encountered a problem and needs to close, we're sorry for the inconvience, any unsaved material might be lost"

I've been getting this allot over the last 2 days. when im working on the movie and I decide to edit the menu. all I have to do is move my mouse arrow over the 'dvd menu' icon up top, without even clicking on it, the error report will come up and boot me out of the project and any unsaved material is lost.

all I did recently was messing around with the transitions (not even the 3D ones) is there a limit on how many transitions should be used, can I overload my project by adding too many??

Archived