Booktype Field (bitsetting)

thechief

Question

6 answers to this question

Toast does not support this function that I am aware of, sorry.

Well Geez! Every other burning app does.... for the PC that is! I guess we Mac people just don't rate.

It's a great idea to be able to set your +R discs so players think they are DVD-ROMs... that way they'll work in any player, old or new!

Seems to me Roxio should add this feature.

Also, they should add the capability to test burners and media, like Nero! Errors are a big problem with certain media brands and certain burners.

It would be nice to know what's going on. Again, Nero does this for PC folks.

And last but not least, my burns frequently hit 28x with 16x media yet the "average" burn speed never goes above 5 to 7... I can burn a full disc (approx. 4 GB) in less than 3 minutes so I know somebody's lying!!

Other than that, I like the program.

Some burners have there own utility to set the booktype. Some like Pioneer it's in the firmware for DVD+R DL but not single layer DVD +R! What make and model of burner?

cd

Hi, I'm also interested in knowing whether or not there exists an option in Toast 9 Titanium (Mac) for changing the booktype (bitsetting). Assuming I'm speaking about DL +R DVD discs, my burners are two: OPTIARC DVD RW AD-7170A with firmware 1.N8 (which came with my Mac Pro Intel Xeon) and LG model HL-DT-ST DVD-RAM GSA-H55N with firmware 1.03, both running on Mac OS X 10.5.2. I'd like to make a backup copy of my original Alpine smart map pro '07 dvd which is a navigation disc and has the DVD-ROM setting. Thanks in advance.

Archived