Emc Makes My Computer Non Functional

sizzly

Question

I installed easy media creator suite. It took over 30 minutes to install. (And my computer is pretty fast). When I clicked on the easy media creator icon it took forever to display the welcome screen and even when the screen was displayed it took endless time to get a menu.

After the installation my computer became very very slow and non functional.

I had to uninstall all of the easy media creator programs and restore my computer to an earlier date

The problem is not with my computer. My operating system is Windows XP Version 2002, Service Pack 2. My computer is a Dell Dimension with an Intel Core 2 CPU 6400 @2.13 Ghz and 2.00 GB of Ram.

The Dell came with Roxio Creator LE Dell Edition, Build: 2.4.32a, Serial Number: SC-204B28K. I frequently had problems with the DELL version when burning DVDs .

What needs to be done to get it to work properly and fast. At this point I my only solution would be to take the loss on the purchase of EMC (i.e. not install EMC) in order that my computer remain functional.

4 answers to this question

It seems to me that ROXIO should produce software that did not require one to undertake the all of these steps.

You will have to take that up with Roxio, were just fellow users in here.

It could be you have something leftover from your OEM Dell version.

It seems to me that ROXIO should produce software that did not require one to undertake the all of these steps.

Did you forget to check back to the same post you made yesterday? There was a reply with a different suggestion for you to try. Which IMHO would have been better to try first. I also think that the most likely cause is the "Media Watcher" which starts searching and tagging all of the media type files on your system after the first restart. That "folder watching" can be turned off from within Media Manager also. If you had turned it off, or let it run it's course, your system would probably have been back to normal.

I installed easy media creator suite. It took over 30 minutes to install. (And my computer is pretty fast). When I clicked on the easy media creator icon it took forever to display the welcome screen and even when the screen was displayed it took endless time to get a menu.

After the installation my computer became very very slow and non functional.

I had to uninstall all of the easy media creator programs and restore my computer to an earlier date

The problem is not with my computer. My operating system is Windows XP Version 2002, Service Pack 2. My computer is a Dell Dimension with an Intel Core 2 CPU 6400 @2.13 Ghz and 2.00 GB of Ram.

The Dell came with Roxio Creator LE Dell Edition, Build: 2.4.32a, Serial Number: SC-204B28K. I frequently had problems with the DELL version when burning DVDs .

What needs to be done to get it to work properly and fast. At this point I my only solution would be to take the loss on the purchase of EMC (i.e. not install EMC) in order that my computer remain functional.

Try this (don't omit any of the steps).... http://kb.roxio.com/content//kb/Creator/000086CR

Archived