• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 16 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Good News! At Last Installed

ian4c

Question

As the title says. Good news.

After days of clean installing. Following instructions to the letter and still not getting V10 installed on my Sony FZ31Z Blue Ray computer.

I provided support with all the problems and attachments showing problems. Today I was given an update link. Rather large I must say at 719MB on a slow connection.

My first try after a many hour download failed. I turned all start up items off, in services I stopped Defender. Installation Failed: MsiRecordSetStringmessage. At this point I was exasperated! Sent the details to support.

Later after restarting my computer I decided to give it one last try. Everything running, all startup, All services, AVirus running, internet connection on. Started the install, not long after an error message with a dark screen, I was not able to use the snipping tool or Print screen. Message seem to be something to do with Microsoft., I cancelled it and to my surprise Vista asked permission to install ? I agreed. Left the thing running. Went out a for a couple of hours. Brought computer out of sleep and there was the screen saying installation was succesfull!!!!

So Support has sussed the job as far as I can see. I have burnt CD DVD with no problems. I feel much better! I was at the end of my tether with Roxio. The problems all seem to stem from the Supplied EMC9 on my Sony computer and the problems removing everything. Having said that, I had not one single Roxio or Sonic file on the computer - as far as I was concerned. Read on--

I read another post suggesting that the only way to really clear the registry of Roxio / Sonic was to use a Reg Cleaner called Reg Seeker. A free program. I cleared around 2000 or so Sonic and Roxio. Amazing what was found in those registry files.

Restarted my computer and shock horror. It started, no icons but with a Start showing but nothing showing inside! So I was not able to access System Restore. After forcing a shut down after several shut downs and F keys I was able to find a way to recover the system.

I have to say in support of Vista, recently updated SP1, that over the last few days I have been able to rely on a complete restore after messing with the register, many restores and every one, however far back and forward ended with the message that the restore was completely successful - and it was.

Not sure about ethic here. If I am able to post the link to the update given to me to day. I would suggest if you have had these problems, that you contact Support and raise a ticket. Although very impersonal, compared to say Sony Support, never the less, you don't have to wait more that a few hours for a reply. A good service! - everything comes to he who waits. Problem is we are impatient. But then again the thing should have worked in the first place. Never have I had so much trouble installing a program. And I am talking many years!

Good luck with your installation.

Ian

Ian

4 answers to this question

If you open Creator Classic, Help, About Creator Classic. What version # does your updated version say?

cd

It is still Ver 10 (build 100B44D ENU) but the update says that there is no change only to take care of installation problems.

Ian

As the title says. Good news.

After days of clean installing. Following instructions to the letter and still not getting V10 installed on my Sony FZ31Z Blue Ray computer.

I provided support with all the problems and attachments showing problems. Today I was given an update link. Rather large I must say at 719MB on a slow connection.

My first try after a many hour download failed. I turned all start up items off, in services I stopped Defender. Installation Failed: MsiRecordSetStringmessage. At this point I was exasperated! Sent the details to support.

Later after restarting my computer I decided to give it one last try. Everything running, all startup, All services, AVirus running, internet connection on. Started the install, not long after an error message with a dark screen, I was not able to use the snipping tool or Print screen. Message seem to be something to do with Microsoft., I cancelled it and to my surprise Vista asked permission to install ? I agreed. Left the thing running. Went out a for a couple of hours. Brought computer out of sleep and there was the screen saying installation was succesfull!!!!

So Support has sussed the job as far as I can see. I have burnt CD DVD with no problems. I feel much better! I was at the end of my tether with Roxio. The problems all seem to stem from the Supplied EMC9 on my Sony computer and the problems removing everything. Having said that, I had not one single Roxio or Sonic file on the computer - as far as I was concerned. Read on--

I read another post suggesting that the only way to really clear the registry of Roxio / Sonic was to use a Reg Cleaner called Reg Seeker. A free program. I cleared around 2000 or so Sonic and Roxio. Amazing what was found in those registry files.

Restarted my computer and shock horror. It started, no icons but with a Start showing but nothing showing inside! So I was not able to access System Restore. After forcing a shut down after several shut downs and F keys I was able to find a way to recover the system.

I have to say in support of Vista, recently updated SP1, that over the last few days I have been able to rely on a complete restore after messing with the register, many restores and every one, however far back and forward ended with the message that the restore was completely successful - and it was.

Not sure about ethic here. If I am able to post the link to the update given to me to day. I would suggest if you have had these problems, that you contact Support and raise a ticket. Although very impersonal, compared to say Sony Support, never the less, you don't have to wait more that a few hours for a reply. A good service! - everything comes to he who waits. Problem is we are impatient. But then again the thing should have worked in the first place. Never have I had so much trouble installing a program. And I am talking many years!

Good luck with your installation.

Ian

Ian

Is this the update http://www.roxio.com/enu/support/emc10/software_updates.html

Archived