Updating A Non-internet Connected Computer

FYIGMO

Question

Okay, here's the problem. I have a laptop that has Easy Media Creator Home version 9.0.146 preinstalled, and I'd like to update the program to the latest version. The problem is the update page states that your computer must be connected to the internet in order to perform the update, but my computer is an absolutely, completely unconnected computer and I don't want to connect it either. Is there an update option for users like me? I find this an increasing problem as companies expect all computers to be connected to the internet. Anyway, any help or information would be welcome. Thanks.

FYIGMO

6 answers to this question

Okay, here's the problem. I have a laptop that has Easy Media Creator Home version 9.0.146 preinstalled, and I'd like to update the program to the latest version. The problem is the update page states that your computer must be connected to the internet in order to perform the update, but my computer is an absolutely, completely unconnected computer and I don't want to connect it either. Is there an update option for users like me? I find this an increasing problem as companies expect all computers to be connected to the internet. Anyway, any help or information would be welcome. Thanks.

FYIGMO

There was only one update and it does not offer any new features except for Windows Vista Certification

Are you sure the update is for your pre-installed version? The updates on Roxio's site are for the bought Retail version!

Here is how one would do it, download the update to a pc that has a internet connection, then burn to a disc as data and bring it to the laptop.

cd

Okay, here's the problem. I have a laptop that has Easy Media Creator Home version 9.0.146 preinstalled, and I'd like to update the program to the latest version.

The version you have IS the latest 'preinstalled' version. You cannot update it.

The version you have IS the latest 'preinstalled' version. You cannot update it.

Okay, this may be a dumb question, but do you also mean to say that I can never update it since it is a pre-installed program?

FYIGMO

Okay, this may be a dumb question, but do you also mean to say that I can never update it since it is a pre-installed program?

FYIGMO

You can upgrade to a newer version, but it is highly doubtful that there will be any updates for your OEM version. I have seen only one update, for an OEM version, since version 5.

Archived