Easy Audio Capture Has Encountered A Problem

LeafFan

Question

I just installed EMC 10 and when I click Easy Audio Capture, I get the dialog box that says "Roxio Easy Audio Capture has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience. When I click the "Send Error Report" button, I then get another dialog box that says:

0: AnalogRec10.exe - Application Error

The instruction at "0x7c255bcf" referenced memory at "0x02f0d120". The memory could not be "read". Click on OK to terminate the program.

The same type of thing happens when I click on Sound Editor. Any ideas why it's not working. I have an HP Compaq nc8430 laptop with 1 GB RAM running Windows XP Professional Version 2002 Service Pack 2.

2 answers to this question

I just installed EMC 10 and when I click Easy Audio Capture, I get the dialog box that says "Roxio Easy Audio Capture has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience. When I click the "Send Error Report" button, I then get another dialog box that says:

0: AnalogRec10.exe - Application Error

The instruction at "0x7c255bcf" referenced memory at "0x02f0d120". The memory could not be "read". Click on OK to terminate the program.

The same type of thing happens when I click on Sound Editor. Any ideas why it's not working. I have an HP Compaq nc8430 laptop with 1 GB RAM running Windows XP Professional Version 2002 Service Pack 2.

Did your computer come pre-installed with any other Roxio/Sonic programs?.

Did your computer come pre-installed with any other Roxio/Sonic programs?.

Yes, but long since removed. I had been running EMC 9 just fine before deciding to upgrade. And before 9, I installed version 6 after getting rid of what came with it.

Now the bad news. I decided that rather than use Windows "Add and Remove Programs" to individually remove all the individual programs, I thought I'd go back to a week old system restore point, but now the computer gives me the blue screen of death and I can't even boot into safe mode. It's now in the hands of my IT folks who I hope will run checkdisk and that will solve that problem.

Archived