"no Drive Found"

Rustywp

Question

3 DVD burners, ALL of them showing up in My Computer, are NOT seen by Creator 9 (Easy CD&DVD Burner)- I assume that is Version 9.

I should not have to rename files or screw with my computer's registry to get a program to see my DVD burner. Is there maybe a LIST of acceptable DVD burner brands that ARE acceptable?

Thank you,

An unhappy new customer

3 answers to this question

3 DVD burners, ALL of them showing up in My Computer, are NOT seen by Creator 9 (Easy CD&DVD Burner)- I assume that is Version 9.

I should not have to rename files or screw with my computer's registry to get a program to see my DVD burner. Is there maybe a LIST of acceptable DVD burner brands that ARE acceptable?

Thank you,

An unhappy new customer

Try this patch and see if things work better.

Thank you,

An unhappy new customer

The name of the program is Easy Media Creator 9. Do you have some other version that came with your computer or DVD burner?

If this is what you see when you go to Help > About this software

post-208-1207717410.jpg

. . . then you don't have Easy Media Creator 9. You have Easy CD & DVD Burning (red box - Vista compatible) which is a cut-down and crippled version of EMC9 and has its own forum on this board.

The software shouldn't be having trouble recognizing any but the very oldest optical drives, but the PX Engine update Paul [beerman] has pointed to might get your burn engine straightened up. That's the module which deals with drive recognition, among other things.

If the PX Engine patch doesn't make things better, you may need to do a clean reinstall of the software. When properly installed your software uses a later version of the PX Engine than the patch carries.

Regards,

Brendon

Archived