Installation Error

Customer

Question

I bought the disk for Photosuite 8 (by itself, not in the EMC 8 package). When I try to install it I get the error message: "The contents of this file cannot be unpacked. The executable you are trying to run has been corrupted. Please obtain another copy of the file, verify its integrity, and try again." I actually bought a new disk then, but got the same error message. I tried installing it on another computer but got the same message. Roxio help had me try disabling startup items, which did not work, as well as copying the disk to the hard drive and then try installing. This too did not work. Any other ideas?

7 answers to this question

I actually bought the disk online at Roxio itself. I would love to take the disk back and beat the salesperson over the head with the disk!! :D Sadly, they only offer a refund and a chance to order yet another faulty disk. Thanks for trying to help though!

Did you try what Daithi suggested in his last post?

I actually bought the disk online at Roxio itself. I would love to take the disk back and beat the salesperson over the head with the disk!! :D Sadly, they only offer a refund and a chance to order yet another faulty disk. Thanks for trying to help though!

How long ago did you buy it since that is an obsolete product and has been for awhile.

You didn't say what OS you are using, but if it's XP, then check if you have IE7 and/or Media Player 11 installed. Both of theses are Vista backports and do cause problems with the older versions of software

Also, when installing, close down ALL running apps (and this includes spyware and anti-virus)

I am using XP, IE6 and Media Player 10. I tried shutting down all apps including spyware and antivirus. It still did not work. Any other ideas? Customer service suggesting trying to buy another disk and "maybe this time it won't be a bad disk. Maybe we're out of that bad batch and you'll get one that works". Highly unlikely, but if there are any other ideas out there I would love to hear them.

Try this first - make a temporary folder anywhere on the hard drive and then copy the contents of the disc to there.

Run setup.exe from the folder and see if it installs

If it fails to copy (giving cyclic redundancy errors or similar) or if the exe still appears to be corrupt, bring the disc back from whence it came, beat the sales assistant round the ears with it and say "Pray kind sir - give me a CD that will WORK" :lol:

I bought the disk for Photosuite 8 (by itself, not in the EMC 8 package). When I try to install it I get the error message: "The contents of this file cannot be unpacked. The executable you are trying to run has been corrupted. Please obtain another copy of the file, verify its integrity, and try again." I actually bought a new disk then, but got the same error message. I tried installing it on another computer but got the same message. Roxio help had me try disabling startup items, which did not work, as well as copying the disk to the hard drive and then try installing. This too did not work. Any other ideas?

You didn't happen to buy the disc off of e-Bay, did you?

Archived