• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 17 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Loadmgr Is Missing

harker

Question

Hi. I´m from Spain, so excuse if my english is bad. I have installed yesterday EMC 10 on mi computer with Windows Vista. During the instalation process there were a problem and i had to cancel the instalation. Then, i restart my pc and during the boot process a message saying "loadmgr is missing press ctrl+alt+del to restart" appears. I have look in the forum and i only have seen the "ntldr is missing" post, but is not the same.

Please, can anyone help me. Thanks.

7 answers to this question

Hi. I´m from Spain, so excuse if my english is bad. I have installed yesterday EMC 10 on mi computer with Windows Vista. During the instalation process there were a problem and i had to cancel the instalation. Then, i restart my pc and during the boot process a message saying "loadmgr is missing press ctrl+alt+del to restart" appears. I have look in the forum and i only have seen the "ntldr is missing" post, but is not the same.

Please, can anyone help me. Thanks.

This may work only if you have the Vista DVD, if Vista came pre-installed and all you have is a "Recovery" partition, you will need to check the manual that came with the pc or with the manufacturer to see if a Vista "Repair" option is available.

If you have the Vista disk, then:

1) In Bios change boot priority to DVD being first.

2) Insert Vista disk and reboot.

3) Since it has been a while since I have done a repair I am not sure where this occurs, but I believe it is in the screen after you select the language, etc. There should be a "Repair my computer" or some such language, select this and follow the steps to allow it check for problems and repair the problems

After the repair, if everything is now working, do not forget to return the boot order in the bios to the original configuration.

Edit: "...so excuse if my english is bad...." - yours is better than mine so absolutely no problem :rolleyes:

Edit: You might want to look at this article in Microsoft's knowledge base http://support.microsoft.com/kb/927392/en-us. Steps 1-5 and the Note under "More Information" outlines how to access the repair application.

Edit: Looking at Vista newsgroups at http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/communiti...us/default.mspx and doing a search for "loadmgr" indicates things do not look promising as far as being able to fix the problem. A couple of things I noted in some of the responses:

1) Problem might be fixed by reloading driver for hard drive, you would need to contact manufacture for more info on this.

2) One user was able to finish the boot process by selecting the hard drive after doing the "ctrl+alt+delete" to restart - I have no ideal what the user was talking about but apparently you get some type of screen with this option being available.

3) One user had success by "...Boot back to the repair screens on the dvd. Go to the cmd prompt and redo the boot sector and the MBR...." - the steps to do this is outlined in the knowledge base article in the second edit above.

4) keep in mind that any of these recommedations, mine and those in the newsgroups, are "use at your own risk". That is the drawback of user forums and newsgroups - you have no ideal of the quality of the responses, quantity of reponses does not always equate to quality of responses

Thanks, who are you. I´ve tried the recovery with the Vista dvd. I´ve made a recovery to the previus day of the installation of emc10, but there wasn´t sucess. The same message still appears. I´gonna look the microsoft article you´ve linked and, if doesn´t works, i´ll format the system. I´ve download a live version cd of windows xp which allows boot the pc and made a security copy of archives.

Thanks anyway¡¡

Thanks, who are you. I´ve tried the recovery with the Vista dvd. I´ve made a recovery to the previus day of the installation of emc10, but there wasn´t sucess. The same message still appears. I´gonna look the microsoft article you´ve linked and, if doesn´t works, i´ll format the system. I´ve download a live version cd of windows xp which allows boot the pc and made a security copy of archives.

Thanks anyway¡¡

I was doing an additional edit when you replied, see the third edit, item 3 for what looks to be a possible fix that might work.

Edit: note that "Recovery" and "Repair" are totally different things

At last i could repair my system. I have followed the steps you indicated me and and my pc works fine now (bootrec.exe). I´ve tried install emc10 one more time and the same error during the instalation process apears, but this time when i restart my computer there´s no problem with the loadmgr. The only problem i have now is in the program files folder. I´m from Spain, so this folder is named "Archivos de programa". But since this problem with the loadmgr the name folder is in english "Program files". I don´t know why this happens, but this does not concern the functioning of windows or the programs.

I´ll try reinstall emc10. Thanks who are you for your help.

At last i could repair my system. I have followed the steps you indicated me and and my pc works fine now (bootrec.exe). I´ve tried install emc10 one more time and the same error during the instalation process apears, but this time when i restart my computer there´s no problem with the loadmgr. The only problem i have now is in the program files folder. I´m from Spain, so this folder is named "Archivos de programa". But since this problem with the loadmgr the name folder is in english "Program files". I don´t know why this happens, but this does not concern the functioning of windows or the programs.

I´ll try reinstall emc10. Thanks who are you for your help.

You are welcome, glad your system is back up and running.

As far as the the "Program Files" vs "Archivos de programa" folder, keep in mind my search of the Microsoft knowledge base was in English. You might want to do a Spanish search as I feel that in the steps outlined in the knowledge base article there is probably a parameter that is language specific that needs to be added to one of the entries made in the "cmd" Window. I would try and help on this but my knowledge of Spanish is zero. When you have time you might try the Spanish search as it might be a good ideal to get this straight before you install any other program. I do not know how the different language versions of Windows and installations interact.

I believe that I have explained badly. The program files problem happened after installing emc10 and before restarting my computer and the loadmgr message appears for first time. I don´t believe that it was a problem of the bootrec.exe process in cdm windows.

I will try to solve it in the panel of control. Thanks.

Archived