• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 11 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Capture Problems (again)

Aviator327

Question

I installed EMC10 last week and could not open in any video application due to a MPEG-2 activation problem. Finally got capture to work after doing 4 clean installs of ver10. When i tried to import a video with a SONY TRV-460 the video would "pause" after about:35secs. I could import the video via firewire to Movie Maker with no problems.

Yesterday, I removed EMC10 (clean) and installed EMC9. The installation went smoothly and all video applications work.

Tried the Capture again with the TRV460 and this time the video "paused" at 01:02 secs. I tried the Plug&burn feature and got the same issue with the video pausing after 1mim. Using Movie Maker works when using capture. Just curious if any members have had any success using Capture with the Sony TRV-460. Thanks.

6 answers to this question

Update. Success. Got some new Hi8 tapes last night. This morning took about a 20min test video with the new tape. Used Capture with the TRV-460 and started the download. I was waiting for the video to pause at 1 min but it kept right on trucking and I was able to capture the video. The tape I was using before was a old standard 8mm tape so that must have been the problem.

Opened My DVD and burned the video to a DVD with no problems. I even tried the Plug&Burn feature and was able to download direct to the DVD with no problems. Going to keep my fingers crossed for future productions. :)

I installed EMC10 last week and could not open in any video application due to a MPEG-2 activation problem. Finally got capture to work after doing 4 clean installs of ver10. When i tried to import a video with a SONY TRV-460 the video would "pause" after about:35secs. I could import the video via firewire to Movie Maker with no problems.

Yesterday, I removed EMC10 (clean) and installed EMC9. The installation went smoothly and all video applications work.

Tried the Capture again with the TRV460 and this time the video "paused" at 01:02 secs. I tried the Plug&burn feature and got the same issue with the video pausing after 1mim. Using Movie Maker works when using capture. Just curious if any members have had any success using Capture with the Sony TRV-460. Thanks.

Check your Firewire cable connections. If they are bad, you may be getting a drop out. I assume that you are not trying to use a USB connection.

Are you able to capture using Windows Movie Maker or with the TRV software?

I checked the firewire cable connection and everything was snug. I used win Movie Maker to import the video with no problem. The Sony software is not installed on my PC. The camcorder belongs to a relative of mine. When i try to use capture in EMC the camcorder is recognized as a Sony DV. The video pauses will pause at 1 min after I click the Capture tab.

Update. Success. Got some new Hi8 tapes last night. This morning took about a 20min test video with the new tape. Used Capture with the TRV-460 and started the download. I was waiting for the video to pause at 1 min but it kept right on trucking and I was able to capture the video. The tape I was using before was a old standard 8mm tape so that must have been the problem.

Opened My DVD and burned the video to a DVD with no problems. I even tried the Plug&Burn feature and was able to download direct to the DVD with no problems. Going to keep my fingers crossed for future productions. :)

Great ! :D

Archived