• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 11 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Streamer Url

dabrace1984

Question

So I completely uninstalled the initial build of Roxio 9 and installed the most recent build because I wanted to get rid of the user preference files and avoid settings that might conflict. I did this using AppDelete (http://reggie.ashworth.googlepages.com/appdelete). The problem I am having is that I would like to use my previous Streamer URL but when I try to use it, I get an error message that says "The server name you have specified is not available or already in use."

Is there a way to delete a previous Streamer URL and use it again after uninstalling and reinstalling?

Thank you in advance for your help.

2 answers to this question

So I completely uninstalled the initial build of Roxio 9 and installed the most recent build because I wanted to get rid of the user preference files and avoid settings that might conflict. I did this using AppDelete (http://reggie.ashworth.googlepages.com/appdelete). The problem I am having is that I would like to use my previous Streamer URL but when I try to use it, I get an error message that says "The server name you have specified is not available or already in use."

Is there a way to delete a previous Streamer URL and use it again after uninstalling and reinstalling?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Unfortunately no. Since the previous preferences for streamer were removed, the ID for that install was removed. Each install is given a unique ID. The old name will become available in 30 days.

Scott

Unfortunately no. Since the previous preferences for streamer were removed, the ID for that install was removed. Each install is given a unique ID. The old name will become available in 30 days.

Scott

At least it will become available again in 30 days. Is there documentation somewhere that says this? Just curious because I couldn't find it in the user guide. Thank you!

Archived