• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 23 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Dvd Music Assistant

Stork007

Question

when trying to make a dvd music disc I keep getting a write error - medium error (03/0c/00) 130c000a and unknown error 0xc0800001 I dont have any problems burning video on dvd or music on cd? please help I've tried different media and yes all my drivers are up to date!

Dell XPS 410

Intel core 2 duo 6600 @2.4gh

1 gb ddr2 ram

nvidia geforce 7300le

2 x SATA 250gb HD's

optiarc ad-7190s sata dl dvd burner

sony cdrwdvd crx310s sata drive

Not much about computers make sense. Your computer should be able to handle direct burning of the audio files to the disc but obviously it doesn't. I'm glad that the image file worked and as an added bonus, if you want to make more copies of that music DVD, you just use that image file again.

Which burner were you using? Perhaps the program was picking up the wrong one? That Sony looks to be only a CD burner and DVD reader. If so, that would explain it.

Still Having a few issues burning image files from HD. Any file I saved bigger than 3.7 gb then try to burn to dvd gets to about 99% complete then gives me an error! the same error everytime tried using 3 different brand name discs also. And yes the sony is just a dvd rom and no I'm not trying to burn dvds on it

Thanks

Dell XPS 410

1 gb ddr2 ram

nvidia geforce 7300le

2 x SATA 250gb HD's

Since you are using the other burner that was just an aside comment.

You may be forgetting about disc overhead. Essentially you are making a video with only menus and navigation controls plus a lot of music. The menus (images) plus navigation plus the other things that need to be burned to a disc take up significant space.

I can't tell you how much but getting 3.7 g on a disc is not out of the realm of possibility if you have a lot of albums and album art.

If you want to put more information on a disc for archive purposes, just make a data disc using Creator Classic. No images, navigation, art, etc.

Try using the free ImgBurn #7 in my signature to burn your Image files, larger than 3.7gig but under 4464mb to single layer media, try 4X or 8X. What brand of DVD media have you tried? What burn speed are you using to burn at?

cd

All you created is a data DVD with the iso file on the DVD - that cannot be played on a DVD player since you did not burn a DVD video disc. Use ImgBurn and select "write image file to Disc" or use Roxio's DiscCOpier

dont know if you read all of the posts but the only reason im even using ImgBurn is because roxio disc copier is freezing up

All you created is a data DVD with the iso file on the DVD - that cannot be played on a DVD player since you did not burn a DVD video disc. Use ImgBurn and select "write image file to Disc" or use Roxio's DiscCOpier

also i didnt see an option for "write image file to Disc" in imgburn where is that option at?

also i didnt see an option for "write image file to Disc" in imgburn where is that option at?

Open ImgBurn, from the top 'mode' put a check mark next to 'Ez-Mode Picker'.....then click top left 'Write Image File To Disc'.....

cd

when trying to make a dvd music disc I keep getting a write error - medium error (03/0c/00) 130c000a and unknown error 0xc0800001 I dont have any problems burning video on dvd or music on cd? please help I've tried different media and yes all my drivers are up to date!

Dell XPS 410

1 gb ddr2 ram

nvidia geforce 7300le

2 x SATA 250gb HD's

Also try using Music Disc Creator. There are more options and it seems to be more robust.

What blank media are you using- manufacturer and type (-R, +R, RW). You may want tyo take the error code at its face value - It says mediaum error so it may well be. Even in a cake box of discs, there may be a few bad ones when the others work well.

Make sure that the setting are to burn to a DVD and not CD

I stand corrected. Why Sony would take a 4-5 year old IDE burner, give it the relative same name as the older models, and make it a SATA drive for Dell, is beyond comprehension. But, I guess it fits Sony. :)

I have the CRX320E drive.

This drive/computer was purchased about 2 years ago

Finally used Imgburn got my first successful music dvd over 4g thanks! to everyone. Still would like to know why ROXIO cannot burn the same file its pretty bad when someone elses program can take a roxio image file and give you a successful burn but roxio cant wtf any suggestions?

Tried Music Disc Creator got the exact same error/problem. But I was able to save the image to HD then burn to dvd. Dioes this make any sense?

Dell XPS 410

1 gb ddr2 ram

nvidia geforce 7300le

2 x SATA 250gb HD's

This drive/computer was purchased about 2 years ago

It may be, but the "relative" name is 4-5 years old. I have had my CRX320E for 4-1/2 years, and it had been on the market some length of time before that. And, my drive is not a SATA drive. It doesn't make sense that your drive can't write to DVD's, yet it is listed on Dell's site as a SATA drive.

Do you have it connected to one of your SATA ports on your motherboard? Is it connected by a thin SATA cable?

dont know if you read all of the posts but the only reason im even using ImgBurn is because roxio disc copier is freezing up

You neglected to even mention Disc Copier earlier. :(

Press Ctrl + Alt + P, or go through the menu as cdanteek advises and select the Ez-Mode picker , and you'll see something like this [well, the top half, anyway]

post-208-1208645943.jpg

It may be, but the "relative" name is 4-5 years old. I have had my CRX320E for 4-1/2 years, and it had been on the market some length of time before that. And, my drive is not a SATA drive. It doesn't make sense that your drive can't write to DVD's, yet it is listed on Dell's site as a SATA drive.

Do you have it connected to one of your SATA ports on your motherboard? Is it connected by a thin SATA cable?

Mr Bruce, click the DELL Link again!

Click here...

"Specifications: SONY CRX310S 48X H/H SATA COMBO User's Guide"

cd :)

Try using the free ImgBurn #7 in my signature to burn your Image files, larger than 3.7gig but under 4464mb to single layer media, try 4X or 8X. What brand of DVD media have you tried? What burn speed are you using to burn at?

cd

Tried using TDK , SONY and MAXELL media all failed at the exact same place everytime. Tried imgburn and it copy successfully but it is not readable in a dvd player it did exactly what it said it made an image of the roxio file. burning is set to max my burner is 20x

Are you saying you burned the Roxio ISO DVD Image file in the ImgBurn program, it burned it, and all that shows on the disc is the ISO Image icon?

cd

it burned the whole 4.2gb image file but if you try to play it in a stand alone dvd player it says unreadable disc or this dvd player does not support this type of disc. if you put it in a dvd rom and open the disc all it shows is the roxio image file icon. you can open the file with roxio and it takes you right to the roxio burn program

cd

Tried using TDK , SONY and MAXELL media all failed at the exact same place everytime. Tried imgburn and it copy successfully but it is not readable in a dvd player it did exactly what it said it made an image of the roxio file. burning is set to max my burner is 20x

Click the right side of the 'Write Speed box' and choose a 4X or 8X burn speed. See if that works in your standalone DVD Player..

cd

Mr Bruce, click the DELL Link again!

Click here...

"Specifications: SONY CRX310S 48X H/H SATA COMBO User's Guide"

cd :)

I read it before, but I can't believe that they would special make a CD SATA drive for Dell. It doesn't make sense, even if Dell no longer has IDE connections on their motherboards.

Have you ever seen a CD SATA drive? One that reads DVD's but doesn't write to them?

Dell XPS 410

1 gb ddr2 ram

nvidia geforce 7300le

2 x SATA 250gb HD's

Are you burning directly to a dvd? If so, try burning to an image file first. If all goes well, you can use Disc Copier to burn that ISO to disc easily.

You say your drivers are up to date but is the firmware for your burner up to date to?

Tried Music Disc Creator got the exact same error/problem. But I was able to save the image to HD then burn to dvd. Dioes this make any sense?

Dell XPS 410

1 gb ddr2 ram

nvidia geforce 7300le

2 x SATA 250gb HD's

Not much about computers make sense. Your computer should be able to handle direct burning of the audio files to the disc but obviously it doesn't. I'm glad that the image file worked and as an added bonus, if you want to make more copies of that music DVD, you just use that image file again.

Which burner were you using? Perhaps the program was picking up the wrong one? That Sony looks to be only a CD burner and DVD reader. If so, that would explain it.

its a dvd reader and a cd burner only. NOT a dvd burner

it burned the whole 4.2gb image file but if you try to play it in a stand alone dvd player it says unreadable disc or this dvd player does not support this type of disc. if you put it in a dvd rom and open the disc all it shows is the roxio image file icon. you can open the file with roxio and it takes you right to the roxio burn program

Archived