• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 5 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Hd Material But Disc Burns In Sd

Backstar

Question

4 answers to this question

Basically it's an MPEG2 from compressor. the material is 1920 by 1080, 29.97 (no menus, no nothing else...we're still testing).

i got the process to finally work, since we're testing on a BD-RE (needed to be 'initiallized' this was the main issue)

BUT....i guess we're just wondering if it's because the authoring process 'requires' a BD in order to actually preserve the HD content when it makes a disc.

i would like to think as long as the HD assets fit onto the disc at hand, that it will just do what i say...but i guess that's not the case ( ? )

thanks to all that support!

If you output the Blu-ray project to a "DVD Folder", you can then burn the folder to DVD-5 or DVD-9 with another app that burns disks from a folder. Ulead DVD Movie Factory or one of the Cyberlink products do it. Probably others. DVDit Pro HD looks for a Blu-ray writer which I don't currently have, but I have burned much content to HD-DVD and Blu-ray on DVD-9. It works fine.

you will need to provide more details on the assets and the project settings you used.

Basically it's an MPEG2 from compressor. the material is 1920 by 1080, 29.97 (no menus, no nothing else...we're still testing).

i got the process to finally work, since we're testing on a BD-RE (needed to be 'initiallized' this was the main issue)

BUT....i guess we're just wondering if it's because the authoring process 'requires' a BD in order to actually preserve the HD content when it makes a disc.

i would like to think as long as the HD assets fit onto the disc at hand, that it will just do what i say...but i guess that's not the case ( ? )

thanks to all that support!

Archived