• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 10 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Track Information

lgpist115

Question

I just installed Toast 9 on a MacbookPro using MAC OSX 10.5.2. I am including artist name, track name and the ISRC on the Disc and track option, but after burning the CDr it shows as the CD name "Pro Tool Exclusive" and no track name is assigned and on the artist field it does not shows the one I assigned.

3 answers to this question

The information that Toast burns to the disc is CD Text. The Mac OS does not read CD Text so it won't display that. It will display on a CD player that is equipped with CD Text capability. You can see that the CD Text info is there by inserting the disc and clicking Disc Info from Toast's Recorder Settings window.

To get the info you want to display on your Mac it needs to be entered in iTunes or downloaded from CDDB (the latter, of course, wouldn't have that info if you didn't provide it to their database). At dougscripts.com there is a "CD Text to cdinfo" Applescript that will read the CD Text information on your disc and automatically enter it in iTunes. After doing that the CD will be recognized with the correct information each time it is inserted in that Mac.

The information that Toast burns to the disc is CD Text. The Mac OS does not read CD Text so it won't display that. It will display on a CD player that is equipped with CD Text capability. You can see that the CD Text info is there by inserting the disc and clicking Disc Info from Toast's Recorder Settings window.

To get the info you want to display on your Mac it needs to be entered in iTunes or downloaded from CDDB (the latter, of course, wouldn't have that info if you didn't provide it to their database). At dougscripts.com there is a "CD Text to cdinfo" Applescript that will read the CD Text information on your disc and automatically enter it in iTunes. After doing that the CD will be recognized with the correct information each time it is inserted in that Mac.

I am sorry but you are wrong. Toast 9 is supposed to include "mastering information". On the mastering information I am supposed to be able to include artist name, Product Code (UPC) and ISRC codes.

I was able to burn one track using I-tunes (of course it will not include Product Code (UPC) and ISRC code) and I did it with no problem. The problem is when I tried to do it with toast 9. Maybe I need to use Jam to encode the info (as I use to do with previous versions of Toast), but this function is one included on Toast 9.

I am sorry but you are wrong. Toast 9 is supposed to include "mastering information". On the mastering information I am supposed to be able to include artist name, Product Code (UPC) and ISRC codes.

I was able to burn one track using I-tunes (of course it will not include Product Code (UPC) and ISRC code) and I did it with no problem. The problem is when I tried to do it with toast 9. Maybe I need to use Jam to encode the info (as I use to do with previous versions of Toast), but this function is one included on Toast 9.

I'm not wrong but I may have answered a different question than you are asking.

Have you checked Disc Info in the Toast Recorder menu to see what's listed?

If you drag the tracks (even just one) from the audio CD to the Toast Audio Window do you find that they are given the information you entered? When I do that I see the disc name/artist/track info filled in. I don't see the UPC or ISRC codes but I assume that is because I didn't enter them.

Archived