• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 21 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Aviator327

No Video In Dvd Playback

Question

Installed EMC9 yesterday and am a newbie to this video editing. I downloaded a video using Win Movie Maker and saved it to my HD. I make an ISO image of that file and then burned that to a DVD-R. During playback I have audio but no video. I must have missed an important step somewhere in the process. I can view the video file in Media Player with no problem. I get the same issue when using CinePlayer, audio but no video. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

7 answers to this question

I downloaded a video using Win Movie Maker and saved it to my HD. I make an ISO image of that file and then burned that to a DVD-R.

Source file details? How did you make a ISO Image file and in what application of your Roxio EMC 9 bought Retail version? How did you burn the ISO Image file to disc, in what application?

cd

The video was download from a Sony TRV-460 in Movie Maker and that file was saved as a .AVI file. I then used MY DVD to import that file to be burned. In the dialog box I checked the ISO selection. That file was saved to my C:\ Local Disc.

This morning I used the "Burn Image" from the Copy application to a Verbatim DVD+R. When it was completed I opened up Cineplayer to view and all I got was audio. Black screen. I then went back to that file in My Videos folder and double clicked it and it open up in Win Media Player and I was able to view the video with no problem. I hope I have answered your questions.

The video was download from a Sony TRV-460 in Movie Maker and that file was saved as a .AVI file. I then used MY DVD to import that file to be burned. In the dialog box I checked the ISO selection. That file was saved to my C:\ Local Disc.

This morning I used the "Burn Image" from the Copy application to a Verbatim DVD+R. When it was completed I opened up Cineplayer to view and all I got was audio. Black screen. I then went back to that file in My Videos folder and double clicked it and it open up in Win Media Player and I was able to view the video with no problem. I hope I have answered your questions.

From the Home screen of your bought Roxio EMC 9 version, are you choosing copy, Burn Image or Burn Image to Disc, same same?

Try this click start, all programs, Roxio EMC 9, copy, Disc Copier. Load the ISO on the source side and on the destination output to your DVD-R.

See if this burns the proper disc!

cd

CD, i used the Burn image to disc in Disc copier. I will try what you suggested. I made another ISO image of a video file this morning. Is it normal to see a black screen in Encoding Preview during the burn process?

95407293.HOuXBdYG.jpg

CD, i used the Burn image to disc in Disc copier. I will try what you suggested. I made another ISO image of a video file this morning. Is it normal to see a black screen in Encoding Preview during the burn process?

95407293.HOuXBdYG.jpg

Burn Image to DIsc, that I know of, is from the Home screen and uses Sonic RecordNow program.

I get a gray screen box when no re-encoding is taking place. If one sees the video in the preview box while encoding it is re-encoding it. Burn meaning, encoding and creating a ISO Image file?

cd

The ISO image that I burned this morning to DVD played back but what i was viewing was default "Fall follage" in the preview screen so I know it is working. I think i know what the problem might be. When i opened MY DVD, I went to file>New>DVD- NO Menu. When Media Selector opened up my video files are there. I clicked the green arrow and the video will start playing. I clicked the Add tab to import the file to My DVD. This is where I think the problem lies. Shouldn't my file be displayed in the Preview window? When I click the Edit Movie tab all I get is a black screen but the audio is playing. I may be trying to make a ISO image of the wrong file is the only think that I can think of. The file name was saved in Movie Maker as Movie_0001.

Update, the video file was there after all. When i played it in Cineplayer the first video played showing the Fall Follage. I clicked the Files tab and the one I wanted was there. It was the second file. Now I have a new problem. The DVD will not play in my Sony S7000 DVD player. I am prompted to "Insert Disc" after the disc is already in. Now i have to figure out why it will not play in the DVD player.

Edited by Aviator327